Thursday, July 7, 2011

Taking it in PEACEFULLY…..


Lotus (variation)
 Tri Stories: Taking it in PEACEFULLY…..


Being able to take my training outdoors is so sweet! Up and ready to go this morning, I began with meditation, followed by sun salutations, then I hit the pavement. I love running or biking while everyone heads into the office, making eye contact with the suits as they sit in morning traffic, gawking at me with a wishful look to say “ oh how I wish I was running now”…..Lol. Running in my hood is very peaceful, I really enjoy the running meditative state I easily transition into. Today I ran 4 miles in 30 minutes!! I was feeling great about the time, but lately I’ve noticed my right IT band is not happy post runs. This week I changed up my yoga practice, a nice vinyasa flow, followed up post runs with a nice hatha practice…….the change is making my IT happy. Mary, my ashtanga teacher said to me “ I’m amazed at how loose your hams, knees & It have stayed loose during this training”, I agree, for sure my yoga practice plays a significant role in my continued flexibility and I’m very grateful for that and for my commitment to my mat. I know so many people training for athletic events, who continuously pop tons of aspirin or ibuprofen, which are temporary fixes, don’t get me wrong I was all about it before I began practicing yoga and educating myself on how to heal myself without the use of drugs. So I know the mindset that takes place, I just wish we placed more emphasis  on preventative insurance coverage affording people the opportunity to  educate themselves on preventative wellness. I personally prefer to purchase a series of yoga classes & massages over aspirin/ibuprofen, and more than likely prescribed drugs at some point…….It even makes sense financially, it’s a lot cheaper in the end if you take care of yourself  first…..TRY IT!
Try this......






Instead of this...

After my lovely run I move into my post yoga practice, sitting in Lotus pose to ground with my breath…….I listened to my body and allowed my breath to guide me in and out of a beautiful practice…..Ahhhhh……Just what I ordered……

Natural release


I attended my swim class today…….I’m not going into details, I need to process and be with the experience……I will say, it was MUCH better than last week, Antonie give us some cool drills that I will work on before next week. My two water buddies Tom & Todd let out a big “heyyy, ya came back” when I walked in…..lol, that was nice. I’m not feeling good or bad about the swim toda…..I’ve decided to work on absorbing theses lessons peacefully, with the intention of practicing them peacefully, my goal being a peaceful swim on tri day…… I tend to turn up the anxiety level within, when I'm attached to things, even if my exterior appears grounded……I’ve know this……..BUT….. Learning how to swim has brought this attachment anxiety back to the forefront…….the difference is now, I’m ready to work on it………I could feel a smidge of peace in the water today.....just a smidge………I’M GROWING Y’ALL!



Peace, Love & Taking it all in.......PEACFULLY
Y'all
Peace,

T



No comments: