Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tri Stories: Weekend Wrap UP!


Monroe Harbor
Tri Stories: Weekend Wrap UP!



My training schedule is all over the place, and I like it! Now that Summer is in full swing, I’m getting’ it in outside…..Friday I got my yoga practice in then rode 23 miles on the lake & city streets and Saturday was pretty much a repeat of Friday, after my yoga practice, I rode 27 miles and a short 6 miles on Sunday....total = 56 for the weekend....Meh…..still low for me, but I’m building. I love to ride long miles and Chicago offers some nice bike paths, great way to spend time with nature & stay healthy!! Even my blogg writing time is being affected by SUMMER  in the city...Lol!! I'm going to blogg, but not on a specific schedule, I need to be out with Mother Nature and "Dem" Lol.....


Looking South



I mentioned last week that my right IT band was nipping at me…..It has since quieted down a lot, the yoga  sequence I put together for my personal practice has kept my IT happy. After my yoga & 27 mile ride on Saturday, I chilled in the park, the beach was wayyyy. to crowded, I was looking to soak up some Vitamin D & a bit of peace…..Saturday was beautiful out! People everywhere, volleyball on the beach, cover band playing on a nearby resturant roof top….bikers, runners, walkers……EVERYONE!! I avoid the busy beaches as I hit up Lake Shore Dr…….(North Ave beach is the worst,  and Fullerton beach being a close second). I hop off and hit the street path until I get a bit further south around Monroe Harbor, things start to peace out after the Shedd Aquarium, the ride south is pretty nice not so much foot traffic.......Anywhoo, I laid in the park for 2.5 hours, eyes closed, soaking up the sun while  gettin' in that HEAD TIME in…..YUM…….Soooo needed! Then a stranger strikes up  a lovely conversation with a me, which led  me to re-read the book *The Four Agreements* By Don Miguel Ruiz.



Park



I’m a true believer that life happens just as it’s supposed to…..This dude, was about 20 steps away from me layin' in the grass chillin’ & tappin’ away on his Ipad…..we get into a conversation about life, living in fear.....a nice cool conversation, then he mentioned The Four Agreements and was able to recite each agreement in detail, not verbatim, IN DETAIL……I like that, someone who absorbed what they’ve read, I’ve struggled with that for as long as I can remember. I’m always impressed when people are able to tell you about a book from their mind set...... I read the book once before, and absorbed the words, but that was over two years ago…….I listened with intent as he went into detail, my memory kicked in and I could recall parts of the book.



I took that as a sign that I needed to re read the book……..Sometimes in life we crave, and need gentle reminders, to keep us grounded……well, I speak for myself, I need that at times……I peddled home thinking about my conversation with this stranger, (I would attempt to spell his name but I really don’t recall, (it was extremely difficult to pronounce), after the fifth WHAT!?!  I didn‘t want to ask for the sisth time….Lol..…….he was tall (like basketball player tall), peaceful and gave off a good grounded energy, I felt like the conversation was supposed to take place….[[SIDE BAR: initially he asked me out, but, um, I’m no COUGAR and dude was in his early twenties….Lol….It’s always the babies, that approach me…..always the babies……..Lol…..Once I broke it to him gently, he stopped the 20 yr old pick up rap  and got to real talk……Funny…..End SIDE BAR] The one thing I do love about meeting people, is that you learn so much about humans…WE ARE ONE……pretty much we all want to give love,  be loved, we want peace on earth and good will, good  health  for thy self & neighbor, we want loving families and dear friends……….The thing is…..we tend to want all those things, but live a fear based life, which locks us up…..We cant have any of the above if we don’t give it fearlessly....gotta be love to receive love……Yea, I thought about our conversation the entire peddle home.
Lake



Sunday I sleep in a bit, then sit for meditation….Oh, yea, my meditation is back on track and I’m feeling good!!  I pack my swim gear throw  on some running gear (just incase ), I was craving a run but not sure about it. I practiced all of my swim drills, when I walked into the pool Monica one of the swim teachers was in with a client, she smiled as she spoke, I was glad she was there, because no matter how much work I may need to get done, I will put the time and energy in to get it done! Monica’s a teacher that would not respect MY process if I was not putting in MY time, her smile let me know that. #imdeadserousaboutthisswim. I’m still not ready to go into deets about the swim……don’t know if I will, I’m really just keeping it peaceful, and leave what happens in the water in the water……..I can’t get caught up, it just slows me down, and I’m only interested in moving forward…



After my swim, I head to a local coffee/tea spot, make myself comfy and pull out *The Four Agreements* and proceed to read it cover to cover…..EXHALE………..I needed that! I know the four agreements, I made them in to a nice mantra, and used the mantra for sleep last night and meditation today

Peace, Love & The Four Agreements
Y'all
-I will be impeccable with my words


-I will not take anything personally


-I will not make assumptions


-I will always do my best

I'm committed to these four agreements, as I continue to transform my life to new experiences of freedom, true happiness, and love…….




I slept well last night……

Peace,

T

No comments: