Monday, August 1, 2011

Tri Stories: Home Stretch, Y'all!!

Tri Stories: Home Stretch, Y'all!!


Me leaving the gym today!
Showered & HUNGRY!!
  
Well, this is it, the count down to my triathlon sprint is ON!!!  I'm going to post a pic or few on my blogg daily........July proved to be such a challenging month, I hit such a wall with swimming that I took last week off........I needed to fall back and get it together, 'cause the attachment I created was sure to hurt me on race day. 

I practiced yesterday.......what I didn't realize....Antonie, on of my swim coaches was watching me from a far!! After a while he comes in and says "good job Toni, now that's swimming" I can't tell you how good those words sounded to my ears........I ask Antonie a few questions "what am I going to do in open water, when I need to stop?" (this is a fact, I'll need breaks).  Antonie suggest I practice turning over into back strokes when I need a break......I spend the remainder of my swim practicing just that.  Tomorrow I'm going in for my FIRST OPEN WATER SWIM.........inhale.......exhale.......I'm just gonna get it DONE!!





My personal practice today..
DownDog (adho mukha svanasana)
 
Over the weekend I rode a total 45 miles.....meh......I feel very confidant about my running and biking leg of the tri, my running pace has improved!! Today I ran a 5K (indoor, to hot outside to run) in 31.15 min 10.10 mile/min.....Woot, woot, that's a GOAL I can check off!! I began this training running 13.20 miles/min with a tri goal of 10 mil/min.....with the biking, well, that never was a concern, I spin & ride on the regular, my legs are strong and thanks to my daily Hatha/Ashtanga  yoga practice, I've remained injury free and flexible!!


Yea, so I'm heading for the home stretch.....I've put the work in and I've respected the process.......I'm ready TODAY for what ever T- 26 will bring!!

Me
Chillin' in the park.....
Peace, Love & Head Time
Y'all





Peace,
T







No comments: