Friday, April 29, 2011

Tri Stories: Reconnecting…..

Tri Stories: Reconnecting…..


Spring is here.....maybe!?!
 



I dare to say it, but Spring may finally be here in Chi-city……just maybe! I thought about riding the bike today, but my commute was all over the place and I didn’t want to get caught out on the bike! My body can’t take getting caught in the rain or extreme drops in temps while peddling…….last year I got caught out sooooo much, just because I was determined to ride my bike no matter what…..Nawwwww, I learned a valuable lesson, teaching yoga & peddling in rain or cold makes for unhappy bones and joints, sooo not worth the time it takes to recoupe……Gotta respect the body so I can continue to peddle well into my 90’s, if I ego trip now I will most def pay later.



Beautiful Sunflowers! Spring!?!
I’m up and out to teach my 07:30 class, enjoying the bright sunshine and morning chill temps ……..This Friday class is usually regulars, but today it was full of new faces, I’m always surprised when the majority are new peeps as this is a tricky class time for most in this neighborhood, I enjoyed the new smiling faces!!! After a lovely class I head off to get my training in for the day…….Knowing that today was going to be another long day, I decide it would be a good day to solo spin, I was meeting with two different people in regards to my business and would be talking A LOT and surrounded by others for the majority of the day……..I can’t be on go like that ALL DAY, I knew I’d need to sneak in some down time…..time to regroup chill with my thoughts shift from yoga teacher to business woman, be one with myself, overload leaves me feeling scattered and a bit cranky. Solo spinning allows me to be in the spin studio alone, one with myself without the energies of other bodies, regrouping……..I sit for a short meditation, and simple yoga practice then head into the spin studio, pop in my earphones and spin….my Ipod shuffled me up some…… Barry White, 38 Special, Keith Sweat, Al Green, Moby, Aero Smith and ummm(mumbling), danitykane ……Yea, I said DANITY KANE, Ummm, Show Stopper was HOT and it's a great spin song…..Lol!! I worked up quite a sweat, and I was able to sing at the top of my lungs with no odd stares, or would ya hush up looks……Hahaha!! That’s what I call a spiritual spin, I clear all unnecessary thoughts with my music and BE! Now I’m ready for peeps again……well, almost. I dip into the steam room for twenty minutes, as I would have no time after my noon class……steam baths do wonders for my entire body, I’m like a addict, I need my steam baths!!
Sunshine & reading in the park! Spring!?!



My meetings went GREAT!!! Geesh, I must admit I’m a bit overwhelmed, so much to do so much to say, so much to figure out……BREATHE…….I’m really excited and must remember all things come into play when and as they're supposed to……yea, that’s my current mantra! I’m a VERY PATIENT person, that’s a quality I LOVE about myself, I don’t make hasty decisions and if I feel any apprehension on something I let it go…….not let it go as in wash my hands of it, but let it go and let it grow….only two things can happen, it can grow with me or grow without me, I never force, I let go!! Honestly this way of being  has never let me down, patience is key to growth!! I walk out of my meeting into much warmer temps…..NICE….I decide to walk home!!



On my walk home I share a WONDERFUL phone conversation with a old friend....I’m talking middle school friend!! I really love the world of social networking, it has allowed me to reconnect with some really special people……People who meant a lot to me back then and mean something to me now……This is our first voice to voice conversation since high school and we fell right back into our friendship, it was nice to hear his voice and all that is going on in his life, we didn’t do the typical 25+ years of “what you been up to?” No, we talked like friends that saw each other last week…….I like that! My conversation with my friend left a smile on my face and in my heart, I know we’ll be life long friends…..that’s important to me……reconnecting with people should never be taken lightly, I truly believe it happens for a reason……listening to my friends voice briefly took me back to 8th grade…….Wow…..now here we are adults living two very different lives, but not really……Like I said to my friend “we all seek growth though we may go about it in different way’s” It's the desire for growth that's all the same …….It was such a great walk home made better by the conversation with my friend!! Don’t hesitate to reconnect, it’s a beautiful thing and very good for personal growth!! Thanks friend!!



Peace, Love & Reconnecting Y'all....
Peace,

T

No comments: