Monday, January 31, 2011

Tri Stories- SNOW!


FUN in the Snow!

Tri Stories- SNOW!



Well the city is in a tizzy regarding the forecasted snow storm……all day people are chatting about the snow…..Now, I’m sure not minimizing the fact that it’s predicted to be a HUGE storm……but……let’s relax…..it’s snow…..it will come in large or small amounts, it will annoy or delight you…..it will keep you home from work or school….then it will began to melt away…….SNOW! I’m looking forward to taking pictures and playing in the snow, granted I will not be out in prime storm time, but I will be out……Enjoying the winter season…..



Forearm Balance



In the past two weeks I’ve lost two gloves……each glove from the right hand, not sure where or when but  I'd  chuck them up as gone. This morning I was heading into the gym around 06:45, walking along, going over my day and BAM!! I glance down about twenty steps from the gym & there is one of my right hand gloves!! Yayyyy….it was covered in melting snow…..I’ve never found a lost glove, so I was super happy to find my glove, such a great start to the day!! I head into class and share the findings with my students, they think it’s pretty cool as well…….I mean really who finds a lost glove in melted snow two week later?! Blessings! Blessings!




Hand Stand
 After class I move into my personal practice for today……sun salutations, then I decide to spend time on my inversions…..Head, shoulder and hand stands as well as forearm balance, and wheel pose….I love inversions and backbends…..the inversions stir things up and my backbends open things up! I felt completely balanced for my spin class. As per usual Heather (spin teacher) ROCKED it! We moved through a lot of jumps today on the bike, jumps used to be my least favorite thing to do on the bike, but they’ve grown on me this time around…..I always love the sequences she puts together, we ride as a group and she’ll say things like “sweat is dripping“, “pass your neighbor” or “ride with your neighbor” another good one “you can see the top of the hill”…..It makes the energy in the class shift and we seem to ride together, I tend to focus on the person peddles in front of me and imagine I’m going to catch up and then pass them (throwing up the peace sign as I wiz by). Part of the ride was a five minuet hill seated hill climb! Oh yea! She turns off all the lights in the studio we each crank up or resistance and ride! I’ve got a lot going on this week and much depends on what I say and how I say it…..so when the lights went down and I heard Eminem *Loose yourself* blaring from the sound system, I grabbed my towel draped it over my head and ZONED……I mean a SERIOUS ZONE!


“You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime “



I belted out along with Eminem, quads getting heavy each peddle seemed harder and harder, the sweat was P.O.U.R.I.N.G off me…Rahhhhhhhhh!! I needed that….focus, focus, focus……is what I say to myself….the lights come up and I’ve literally have small puddles around my bike……melikes!! Sometime I need that deep internal release, so I can just flow…..I felt cleansed and clear after that ride all the build up of decisions seemed to not be that big of a deal anymore…..I came home typed up and completed things that needed to be sent off, sealed the emails with air kisses & blessings……Que Sera, sera!!

Shoulder Stand



I'm really diggin’ this training…..yup, I’m diggin’ it…Releasing and letting go in a well rounded practice, my yoga practice coupled with all this tri training is doing wonders for me! I know I will not stop running, swimming, or spinning when this tri is complete! I may not do it with this much intensity but for sure I will do it. .I think I’m going to do a brick tomorrow, Oh and I’m going to give my Tuesday spin teacher Dewitt a suggested song list…tee-hee….wish me luck!






Peace & Love Y'all

Peace,

T



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped
me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others
like you aided me.

Feel free to visit my web site Suggestions About The Colon Cleanse Diet