Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tri Stories: Sunshine, Bike ride, Truffle fries….Oh my!!



I'm 100% Taurus...well I am..
 Tri Stories: Sunshine, Bike ride, Truffle fries….Oh my!!





I must not forget the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies……tee-hee!! So this is my FAVORITE time of year, in 19 day’s I’ll celebrate another year of life......Happy Birthday count down to ME!!



I had a pretty low key nice sunny weekend, I was able to sleep in a bit Saturday morning before heading out to teach my class and get my training in…….I awoke to bright, bright sunshine and immediately decided I was going to ride my bike!! After meditation, sun salutations and bowl of oatmeal I head out to start my day.  En route to the bike room the Chi-city winds almost blew me away!! Oooops, gotta scratch that bike riding today….too windy! I’m not riding a mile or two, I’m talking double digit miles to get where I needed to be, so I walk to my class and take the L the rest of the day……My class at Trump was AWESOME!!! I always say to my students “you can’t imagine how much you bring into the studio” a bunch of my favorite yogis arrived to get there yoga on!!! They flowed through the sequence filling the room with their audible breaths which contained some powerful energy……{{shudder}} sent chills through me!! I LOVE IT!! I’m a hugger and I always end my classes giving each student a hug, even their hugs were electrifying……Nice way to start my training day!! Thanks Yogis!!

I LOVES ridin' my bike!!



I head off to spend my afternoon with Mary & DeWitt!! I think to myself as I enter the gym, thank GOD these two are my Saturday trainers, because with weather like this, it would be easy to skip my Saturday training….Lol…..tooo nice to be indoors, but they give me exactly what I need, so I actually look forward to seeing them!! My ashtanga practice was challenging today, I was out Friday eve and had two glasses of wine, I could feel the affects on my mat……mental note…..save the wine for Saturday nights….Lol…also with all the running and my solo spin last week my hamstrings were super tight, so moving in to the lower body sequence of my asana practice was welcomed, but very challenging……Mary’s really good with adjusting, so I just tell her where I’m tight at and she right on the adjusting!! I flowed in and out of my drop backs and stand ups from wheel pose THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES!! No hesitation….I like that, let’s me know my heart is open and I’m not holding on to stuff…….I work up a intense internal sweat on my mat, one of those deep inner sweats that presents externally as a full body damp sweat (Ya, need to practice yoga to understand this one), I love that type of sweat, I call it my deep cleaning sweat!! I head off to spin ready to get it in, and DeWitt came ready to give it!! There was a nice energy in the class today, as we moved through our sequence which consisted of A LOT of climbs, jumps with heavy resistance, targeting the glutes and the hamstrings….YOWZEERS!! Like I said “Booty by DeWitt”!! Works for me……Even though I was a bit tired from the challenging asana practice, I brought my A game to the spin class and continued with that internal sweat….Sitting in the steam bath after, I could see and feel the release of all the internal build up, I was sweating like I’d been caught in the rain….YUM! there is nothing better than letting go of toxins especially when you let them go with awareness…..Bye, bye, cabernet sauvignon!! I lay low Sat eve.
 


Truffle fries.....YUM!

I slept in this morning, it was my plan to get up and make breakfast……Instead I awoke to another day of glorious sunshine, quick change of plans and I’m off to fill my bike tires then my friend and I head out for a BEAUTIFUL bike ride and brunch!! Sooo nice to be out riding and enjoying the day, the winds died down a bit from yesterday….This ride was pure enjoyment ride, I didn’t want to fuss with my spinners, I opted for CUTENESS today instead ….Lol…nice pair of Capri jeans, cute but sensible shoes, quick pop out of my curls a bit of lip gloss LET’S RIDE! It’s just nice to get dressed sometimes, instead of always being in athletic gear OR I’m going out to a event gear…..Just cute simple, I’m going to enjoy this nice spring weather gear……I needed that!! I ate some fabulous food this weekend…..I love great food as much as I love yoga, bike riding and sunshine, so I decided to indulge a bit this weekend……Outdoor dining is a big deal here in Chi-city, it was just what I needed today, sitting outside in good company enjoying a fab meal, as I soaked up the sun, topped of with lovely conversation with my dear friend…….Ahhhhh…..Bring on the SUMMER!! I ate wayyyyy to many chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, they are small crunchy bite sized cookies, so before I realized I’d popped more than a 1/2 dozen in my mouth….ooops……naawwwww, more like YUM!! I also had these amazing truffle steak fries…..a sin on a plate! Lol….they were so good that I had the waitress doggie bag the rest for me….Lol….who doggie bags fries….ME & YOU if you had these fries, I they were really DELICIOUS……

Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies....YUMMY!













Needless to say I’ll be in the gym early in the morning gettin’ it in!! I think…..no I KNOW from now until the end of summer Saturday & Sunday’s, heck maybe even some Friday’s are going to be dedicated to good food on outdoor patios with special peeps!!! Hahaha….just being honest!!

Peace, Love & Life Y'all....




Peace,

T





No comments: