Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tri Stories: Because I’m…….



Tri Stories: Because I’m…….
My ART.....Just starting this!!



 
WHOA!!!! From the gate I’m going to confess…….I’m tired! Not that, I worked or trained to hard tired…..No, it’s that I stayed up wayyyyy to late last night tired!! Wednesday’s are my busiest day’s, I’m out by 0600 and back in around 9:00 pm’ish, I do have a small three hour break in there, but nothing to get comfortable with.
As I've mentioned I’m putting a few projects together, well, for this current one I gave myself a due date of yesterday……I spent the day’s and weeks before getting it together and last night I put it to life (on paper)…..Because I’m my worst critic, I battled within about the delivery……I struggled with being OK with the content, I really dislike writing rough drafts and all that stuff……I’m constantly drafting in my head, so once it hits paper, that’s what I intended for it to be……..Because I’m stubborn, I can be my worse nightmare…..I stand solid and firm on my decisions, and unless I have clear and solid evidence that something needs to be changed once I commit to it, well, it’s staying just the way I wanted…….Because I’m focused, I put out the best work from my heart, I don’t settle for short cuts……Needless to say, because this is who I am , I was up till the crack of dawn (literally) this morning. During the day Wednesday, I was finalizing my words and presentation in my head……Even though things were coming together well, I still had a ping of self doubt ( keepin‘ it real )….

President Obama's motorcade from my window!

After my noon class Yesterday I headed home, with a three hour break, I decided to make some tea and take a nap……I’m sooooo out of the  loop ( I don't watch TV)  that I missed the Alabama (until today) storms and I also missed the memo that President & First Lady Obama would be taping at Oprah’s studio……While waiting for my tea pot to whistle I took a walk to my front window and noticed street closures and police were everywhere…..I turn on my computer and find out the presidents motorcade would be pulling out of Oprah’s and heading towards the expressway…….which explained all the security. So I grab my tea and camera and wait for the first family to come through……How exciting! I’ve seen his motorcade several times, but I find each time sooo exciting, and I was determined to get pictures this time!! Once the motorcade passes I decide to take a quick nap before heading out to my last two classes.
 


President Obama's motorcade from my window!


Wednesday evening I shared a short walk with a dear friend and mentioned my apprehension, my friend quickly removed all that self doubt from me, and as I continued my walk home alone I could hear my friends voice guiding me along the way……as I finalized my presentation in my head……..Because I DON’T quit, I found myself up wayy past bedtime finalizing my documents, once satisfied I sat back took a deep breath and saved to drafts, “I’ll send in the morning” I say to myself as I glance at the clock that reads 03:30 AM…..YUP, 03:30 AM……AND, I needed to be up no later than 08:00 to get my training in……….Believe it or not I manage to awake before  the alarm clock buzzes.....O730 on the dot I awake like I’ve slept for hours…..movin’ on adrenaline…..I went to bed with this project on my mind and I awoke with it on my mind……..I don’t think that’s good and I know it’s not healthy……but because I’m determined, I wanted it to be the first thing the recipient opened this morning!! I hit send and head to the shower……
YUP!! turnin' in by 11:00 tonight....WORD
This is NOT a good look



Today’s training was initially going to be swim and spin, I had to give the swim up, actually I’ve decided to bag the swim for the week……I’ll just wait till Monday when my reg swim spot is open…..Ugghhh….Menolike….but, it is what it is, and I have bigger fish to fry right about now. I surprise myself with the speed at which I’m movin’ today…....I enter the spin studio, as Enrique Iglesias *Bailamos* (club mix) blared from the speakers…..Awwwwwwww yeah!! I’m feeling all about it, and immediately began singing and movin’ to the beat as I set up my bike…..glancing around the room I could see and feel the energy, I was NOT the only one feelin’ this……"Let’s do this, let’s do this" I think to myself, hopping on the bike……..I know I say this every week, but I LOVE Julie's class!! Not once has she disappointed me! I think my body forgot we were on LACK OF SLEEP ’cause I was KILLIN’ it after Enrique warming us up. Julie played her one of her “favorite songs” *Flavor of the week*, I did not know this song, but it was a good one!! Julie gives us a layout of the course, sprints, runs, hill, jumps, nothing lasting more than two minutes apiece……OK, ok, I got this my mind say’s and my entire body agrees…..simply killin’ it…..on no sleep! Ricky was followed up by Blondie, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris and *I need a Hero* from the Foot Loose sound track!! Julie came to SPIN!! I really could not believe how much energy I had, sweat dripping all over the place, there's this dude that always spins in front of me, he’s a excellent spinner, I usually follow his peddles as we go (inspiration & energy). He was in it today, spinnin like crazy!! Oh, YEAH!! I needed that, I keep my eye's on his peddles and SPIN!



Spin & Sweat!! RrrrrAhhh!

This was defiantly a cardio spin, as we moved into our first round  of standing run’s CeCe Peniston begins to belt out *Finally* Because I’m a free spirit, I join her, completely oblivious to anyone or anything else at this point, I run, spin, sweat and SANG!! I snap out of it when I hear Julie say “ SING IT TONI!” Ahhhh, LOL…..I give her two snaps and a circle as I keep runnin’ and we all laugh…..It was on like that!! Just to top things off…..I WIN SPIN TRIVA TODAY!!! PuurrrFFECT!! The song DRUMS PLEASE (intro)  http://youtu.be/VEvVs0_l3Gs  In all fairness, two of us yelled out the answer at the same time, so she gave a tie breaker question, which led me to the win question ; who was he known as, Ummmm....FRESH PRICE OF BEL AIR….Duh!!! I WON! Really who has this much fun exercising!!…After class I hit the steam bath and began to come down a bit, then I’m off to my noon class……I move into my personal yoga practice after my class consiting of a variety of asanas, nothing planned just movin' to the request of my body, as I lay in savasan a I could feel the adrenaline high began to come down a bit more......Because I'm me, I let out a nice long SIGH........as I let go!
Beginner color mixing palette





 I mentioned I recently began painting, BASIC painting.....well, I wanted to share my latest project with y’all, it‘s nothing grand but it‘s my work …..I find painting so relaxing! It’s honestly one of those things I enjoyed as a child, and for some reason I let it go. Because I’m a artist I began painting again, it makes me feel good, a nice peaceful good……It’s my intention to grow in my painting creating original works of art for my walls…..painting by YOGATONES……Ya, know….tee-hee…….Because I’m just living my dream!!




Peace,
My latest art project!!
Peace, Love & Art Y'all......


T














No comments: