Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tri Stories: NOT....My recent events in pictures.....

Tri Stories: NOT....My recent  events in pictures.....
Hola Peeps!!

Just wanna share my last two events with some FUN pic's


Tonya (coordinator of event), Me & Dr. Peck (key speaker)
 The KLEO Community Food Pantry Event 06/01/2011

http://www.kleocenter.org/
The K.L.E.O. Center is an official site of the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Every 1st Wednesday of Every Month from 3:30 - 5:30. Over 6 tons of free food! Located in the parking lot of the K.L.E.O. Center located at 119 E. Garfield. (Garfield & Michigan). Such a wonderful event to be a part of, I demonstrated some simple yoga postures that can be done while sitting in a chair as well as speaking on the benefits of yoga as it pertains to ones overall health and wellness, the audience loved it and all participated!! This is a wonderful community center, check out the website above.....Please feel free to make a donation so centers like this can continue to thrive!!

Beginning with a little grounding

Chair stretching, to get things movin'






A few head & neck rolls......release tension

American Heart Association providing health & wellness tips




On site glucose & blood pressure screenings

Chef, with low carb food samples & healthy nutrition tips
Dr. Peck discussing obesity, diabetes & heart disease

The American Holistic Nurses Association 31st Annual Conference
Holistic Nursing: Tending to the Sacred Flow of Life
Fresh from a run, swim & shower.....Kentucky bound to speak to a bunch of colleagues!!
Louisville, KY
June 2-5, 2011......It's fair to say I have mixed feelings about this conference, my presentation was great and well received. I have a clearer picture of what my vision of holistic nursing looks like, and I will continue working towards making that a reality!!!  It was SUPER HOT in Kentucky, Liz & I had a good time shared MANY laughs & now were ready to get down to business with our vision of holistic nursing in Chicago.....STAY TUNED#wereaforcetobereckonedwith


Ready!!

Yes, I Keep these things!! I'm creating memories of
 MY JOURNEY!!!


Awaiting the NURSES!!
#exciting
Me & my power point waiting for the nurses to be seated.
#justdoinwhatilove


Our first night fresh off the plane HOTTT and tired
Liz & I meet up then wander the streets of Kentucky, we stumble upon a resturant/bar with a sign out front that reads "WELCOME American Holistic Nurses Association!!" So of course we stop in, this is our awesome waiter who delivere the FANTASTIC news that wine was half price......#bottomsup

Me & my Mala Beads gettin' some sun @Joes Crab Shack
#ialwaystravelwithmymalabeads


This dude was everywhere, (The Colonel Harland Sanders)
took me a minuet to figure out why!?! Lol
#mybadd

The banquet after party....Lol....the dance floor STAYED packed
#nursessureknowhowtoparty

Liz & I at the party

Seriously, this group was on FIYAAAAA!! Lol...
#dancingwiththestarshopefulls

My new inspiration.......#lookhimup

Thomas Merton.....I spoted this on my way in, and was oh, so happy to stumble upon this piece of art during a evening walk.......A few of Thomas Merton quotes I LOVE!

"Fear narrows the little entrance of our heart. It shrinks up our capacity to love. It freezes up our power to give ourselves."


"Love is my true identity. Selflessness is my true self. Love is my true character. Love is my name."

"If I do not know who I am, it is because I think I am the sort of person everyone around me wants to be. Perhaps I have never asked myself whether I really wanted to become what everybody else seems to want to become. Perhaps if I only realized that I do not admire what everyone seems to admire, I would really begin to live after all. I would be liberated from the painful duty of saying what I really do not think and of acting in a way that betrays God’s truth and the integrity of my own soul" 

Me Chillin' at the airport, back to Chi-city
#imreadytogo

No comments: