Friday, February 18, 2011

Tri Stories: Woke up this morning….

 

  Tri Stories: Woke up this morning….
YUP!


Today…..Oh, today!! As I began my day I received some unsettling news…..nothing life threatening, but enough to make me ask for a do over…….People often ask, “how is it that you’re always HAPPY”, my response, I choose to be….it’s really that simple. After receiving the news I thought about crying……But there was no time for ta pitty party, I had to let it go…..like I said, it was not life threatening…….I start my day off running…..I sit for a very short but grounded meditation ( I so needed that), I’d pack my bag last night, I grab it on the way out…….I really dislike starting my day off running, it takes me a while to ground and I began to feel scattered…..I don’t like it…….I’m right on time for the bus as I head off to teach my class……***side note***One day I’m going to write about my CTA experiences…..Trust me when I tell ya, you’d never believe the stories I share…..NEVER…..Lol…….I’ve learned so much on public transportation….most of the time TOO MUCH……but boy have I learned! Anywho, after teaching my 07:30 class I head to the gym for my training…



I decided to run today…..my knees have been so quiet lately!! I really believe all the spinning I’ve been doing coupled with my yoga practice helps! I began running…..I’ve been on go all morning, this was the first time I was able to remember my unsettling news……I let out a big sigh as I run, I’m feeling really strong today as I run….I start thinking about plan B….no good…..plan C…..no good……my pace begins to pick up on the tredmill, I turn the treadmill pace up…..I wanna scream, cry,, kick and yell…..but instead I RUN……..plan D…..SIGH……plan D works, it’s doable…..plan D it is……I run faster, I wanna cry, “plan D” I say to myself…..”really, plan D"…..I run faster, I turn the treadmill pace up again….I wanna cry….I RUN……60 minutes later I slow down, only because the treadmill tells me I must.....as it begins cool down mode…..I have no desire to cry……plan D it is……..I towel off and head in to the yoga studio to get my yoga on!! That hard run was exactly what I needed, I did check my numbers today and my pace was 12:15 mile per min…..ummm, WOOoot, wooot!! I know I was running with a strong intention of letting go of what I could not control…..I’m learning more and more about letting go…..frustrating at times….BUT.....I welcome the lessons & growth!

Sam I Am


The beauty of a personal yoga practice, is so evident on day’s like today….I entered my mat not knowing what my body desired…..I’d become disconnected with myself over my news, I let it consume me……Running helped me mentally let go, but now I needed, to physically and spiritually let go…..After gounding, I move into Bridge pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)), I hold this pose and add several variations……then I add in down do (Adho Muka Svanasana) Up Dog (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana) Wheel (Urdhva Dhanurasana)…..Pigeon pose rounds it out……No reason for this sequence…it’s what happened when I entered my mat. Moving out of Savasana, I felt much better, grounded, at peace, accepting and moving forward……


Growth


John, and I met at the pool around 13:15.……I so look forward to swim day! It’s relaxing, challenging and I feel like I’m progressing……John really makes things easy, I have such a short attention span, I’m a doer not a watcher…..John gets that about me, today he had me doing repetitions, I was actually swimming!! Some good strokes, some not so good strokes, but I was swimming!! Every time I say that I smile…..I’m a swimmer!! Lol…..my swim lesson I head to the hot tub, just because….Lol…..then I shower off the chlorine and head into the steam bath………Aaaahhhhhh…..PEACE OUT unsettling news!! Plan D is on!! In that moment I completely let go of what I cannot control, there is a lesson here……truth be told a lesson I’ve been ignoring……I’m stubborn........not necessarily proud of it, but it’s who I am…….sometimes it’s to my benefit (most of the time) and other times it can lead to my detriment  (I’ll never allow that!)……I feel at peace with all that has happen after my steam bath……I walk out of the steam bath and mutter to myself “it is what it is”……




 Like I say, we have the choice to allow negative life encounters drag us down or build us up……I always aim for building myself up, becoming more aware of who I am honoring and respecting myself the way I want others to honor and respect me……It’s a blessing to receive unsettling news…..not just sometimes……but whenever you receive it…..just as good new is a blessing……Part of the cycle of life…….I’m learning its, not the news you receive…..it’s how you respond, react, and live with it……I’m a true believer that, “WHAT DOES NOT KILL ME, WILL ONLY MAKE ME STRONGER”…..Today I became a bit stronger……..



I’m looking forward to my two hour Ashtanga class tomorrow followed by a spin class……OH YEAH, BRING IT!!!



Yes, I am...
Peace,

T







No comments: