Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tri Stories: This will become the norm…..


Yogatones
 Tri Stories: This will become the norm…..




Looks like I’ll be doing a lot of my Saturday bloging on Sunday’s…..I need play time....and...Saturday is my play time…..I may blog on Saturday’s if time permits…..if not Sunday it is………I began Saturday with meditation then I’m off, to teach two yoga classes, after that I head out to get my training in for the day.


I’m addicted to my TWO hour Ashtanga class on Saturday, Mary is a wonderful asthanga teacher and really makes two hours seem like one. After taking the class last week, I was feeling good, my entire week of personal practice, biking and running have been smooth. I was looking forward to practice, I mention to Mary, the tightness I’ve bee having in my right lower back and hip……Immediately she gives me hands on & verbal adjustments  into the pose, my breath with her adjustments allowed me two create some new space, for the remainder  practice and today I do not feel that nagging tightness. I honestly can’t imagine training for this triathlon without a consistent personal yoga practice as well as studying with another teacher……My body is LOVIN’ this training…..my ENTIRE BODY!! I find that even on my low spirit, low energy  day’s, yoga, training, AND steam baths..... the best drugs out there…….ALL NATURAL…..NO CO-PAY!!


Natural Medicine......Have some!

Even though I was feeling physically FAB after my yoga class, I was becoming mentally tired (long day), I walk slowly on the treadmill, for 20 minutes before the spinning class starts…..just enough to keep the body warm and active without tiring me out.  DeWitt was teaching today, it was a nice size class….I like that(energy)!! BUT…….. I noticed right away that even though there was a nice size group, the energy was not high…….it was just…meh! DeWitt was not his usual energized self, he often walks around makes adjustments to bikes, toss in some humor….nothing…….. Also his mic was AWFUL! He mentioned it was a new mic……It was hard to understand his instruction, the words were muffled…………That alone can take the high energy out of the room, people kept saying “we can’t here you back here”, “still can’t hear ya”……I know Dewitt takes much pride in his teaching and delivery, so I could see the frustration that was running through him………Even with the low energy and bad mic.....I still say the class was AWESOME!! DeWitt, did not let this get the best of him, he took off the mic and used his LOUD voice…..Lol….It was all good to me! We moved up and down hills loaded with runs and sprints…..He had a new selection of music, which included Janelle Monee, Beyonce, some Reggae, a little classical and Goo, goo Dolls…..LOVESIT!!



Pure Energy.....Light it UP!!
I’m completely exhausted after class, I actually began to tire out near the end of class….I head into the steam bath…..I didn’t want to get too comfortable, because I would have passed out for sure….I mean a deep sleep….Lol, so I just chilled a little, moved into little stretching and breath work & light meditation……Then I’m out!



Sooooo, I’m OFFICIALLY registered for the Chicago Triathlon Tri Sprint!! Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! Such an awesome feeling……really……just AWESOME!!!






Yogatones is IN!!
Peace,
T






No comments: