Friday, February 4, 2011

Tri Stories- Exhausted!


Exhausted!
 Tri Stories- Exhausted!






Whew…..I’m EXHAUSTED!! At this moment I’m dreaming of bedtime for today & tomorrow! Up at 05:45, sat for meditation, then off I went to teach my 07:30 am class. I love this particular sequence that  I put together for this class, all about the inversions!! It was a awesome sequence if I say so myself, and the feed back from the yogis was all good, I only teach inversions to students I‘m really familiar with, as I like to get around the room and adjust and guide yogis in and out of poses, and a heavy inversion sequence works best when I know my students body and experience……Very nice class this morning……….after class I grab a light bite to eat and head to another location for my personal practice, run & swim, hot tub and finally steam bath….L.O.N.G. D.A.Y!! My personal practice was nice, I skipped the sun salutations today, after some breath work I moved in to my asana practice, incorporating chest, shoulder openers, I moved into hip openers as well preparing the body for my run, lunge variations (high & low ), adding in Warrior I & II and dancing warrior (I’ve been adding this pose in a lot lately), and of course pigeon pose pre and post run……I was feeling good, open and relaxed as I lay in savasana.
I hop on the tredmill, I've decided to run 30 min instead of 60 min because I wanted to save some energy for my swim (swimming is very tiring)…….As soon as I began to run my left knee was screaming at me…..darn it! I slowed my pace and sent my awarness to my left leg & foot, it took about three minutes into the run before I found the right footing to quiet my knee down. A combination of climbing over these snow mountains and the extreme differences in my footwear…..flat boots…to ….wedge heel boots….to….high square heel boots….to….sneakers….then ….flip flops…and  bare feet (when teaching). My knees have been good to me thus far so I can’t blame them for being overwhelmed this week. I fall into my running zone as my pace and weight shifting even out on the tredmill, the left knee quiets down and I run…..My brain has been on overdrive the past two weeks…..I work best from my head, when I have projects that need to be completed I must visualize them in my head, putting it all together and the last thing I do is bring it to life……I have several different Yogatones projects I’m working on, the creative juices are on overtime! while I enjoy this rush of creativity, it’s tiring especially coupled with my training…..I carry a note pad and pen around jotting down thoughts as they appear putting the pieces together visually….OMG, I’m tired……Usually the best results come when my creativity is bursting, downside…. I’m all over the place, mentally, emotionally and physically……Today I ran to the same song, the entire run….why?……I had no awareness it was on repeat, until I was done, I was mentally working while physically running, before I realized it I’d run 50 minutes…..Good, but not…….I feel a certain disconnect within when I’m running on this high creative energy…..I gotta bring it down! So 50 minutes later I hop of the treadmill DRENCHED, like crazy….I had 20 minutes to spare before teaching my noon class, so I towel off stretch a bit , then I lay in savasana, just to turn it down a bit.

East meets West.....It's all ENERGY!




 The noon class was full, I knew the majority of students, but not enough to move into the inversion sequence from this morning, so I took the class into high flowing sun salutations, added in variations of balancing poses, high & low lunges with quad stretches, half moon with variations, upper body strengthening….the class flew by, and as they moved into savasana, I thought to myself and out loud “I wish we had more time, this class went by to fast” they looked at me like I was nuts…oops… ( creativity overload)….Lol……After class John and I head down to the pool, I share with him the things I worked on last week…..John, was pleasantly surprised that I got in the water without him and complimented my progress….Yayyy! I practice my breathing and all of the other drills, then we moved into upper body……swimming requires not only good breath awareness, but (as I’m finding out) it’s a great upper body work out!! John is a great teacher, his mindful awareness not to overwhelme me, with to much information is very much appreciated….I was having a bit of trouble mentally absorbing his teaching today ( creativity overload & fatigue), but John, was so patient and demonstrated over and over for me……I appreciate that, it makes for a great learning environment…..Once out of the pool, I head to the hot tub ( you would think I’d be done, nope), I wanted to chill in their before heading out…..the hot tub was soothing, and I begin to unwind, so much so that I let go off the mind chatter and relaxed….20 minutes later I hit the shower to rinse of the chlorine, then head to the steam bath! AAAAhhhhhhh……SERIOUSLY!! I dozed off in there….not good I know, but I was BEAT! I exit the shower SLOWLY….I mean VERY SLOWLY, I get dressed and head out……..This was a long training day, coupled with maneuvering through all the snow……made for a very EXHAUSTED ME!



Bed time....zzzz

I really appreciate the high and low energy training day’s…..they’re expected and keep me grounded instead of ego driven….I’m loving the discipline the training brings as well as the creativity it unleashes in me….it all adds up in the end….tired one day, energized the next!! I have much more respect for SLEEP! I’m going to run tomorrow, no time restrictions just run until the mind, body, and spirit say stop in unison!! Lovesit!




So, someone recently asked me if I lift weights….NO, NO, NO!! I really don’t enjoy weight lifting…..it’s not for me......I do YOGA, that’s where my muscle and definition come from YOGA & CARDIO…..Menolikeweights!



Peace & Love Y'all
G'nite.....
 Peace,

T





No comments: