Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tri Stories- Not quite 100 %





I awoke this morning feeling a tad bit more rested, but not 100 % ……My sleep was enough to get me through today…..Up at 07:30, sat for a short mediation……grabbed my bag and a snack for later and off I went…..I teach two morning classes on Saturday’s, they are back to back and the time seems to fly by. After my second class I head to the gym to get my training in for the day……I was moving rather slow, not for any reason except I decided I was NOT going to run around like a nut today…..I’ll get to the gym when I get there! I was looking forward to my run and taking a yoga class with a new teacher…..



I change from my teaching clothes into my running clothes……I head up to the treadmill, hop on glance to my left & right…..COOL……I have a runner on either side of me and a great view of the  busy city in front of me (inspiration & energy!)….The guy next to me was huffing and puffing as I set up, so I knew he was not going to be around long……the girl on my left was KILLIN’ it! Oh, geesh, I think to myself “this chick gonna make me RUN today !”  A’ight let’s go chicky!! I start running, she glances over, I glance back and we RUN……I notice we both have good form and probably running at the same pace….“Ok, Ok, I got this” I say to myself……dude on my right is now gasping and grabbing on to the side rails, I glance over just to make sure all is OK with him (don’t wanna do CPR…but I will if needed), he stops running gulps down some water and proceeds to walk into his cool down. I scan my body, left knee, meh, it’s not calling out like yesterday, but I hear it..... I know I’m not in my zone yet because it has my attention….I listen to my knee (respect) and focus on my how my feet come down on to the treadmill…..a few minutes later I kick into my zone, girlie next to me has picked up her pace….WHAT!!!…..NAW, chicky, I can’t hang with that today, see ya at the finish line! I had to block her out……I turn my attention to my MUSIC!! Last night I put together a high energy running play list, I like to call it my “POP R & B & RAP selection” consisting of top 40 songs that make me wanna dance, sing and run……here is a sample of what I ran to:





-Who’s That Chick? ……David Guetta (feat. Rihanna) MELOVES this song I hit repeat 3 times!!



-My Mind Playin’ Tricks On Me…..Geto Boys



-Tik Tok…..Ke$ha



-Flava In Ya Ear (Remix) Craig Mack & Diddy (Bad Boy’s)



-Just Dance……..Lady GaGa



-California Gurls….Katy Perry (feat. Snoop Dogg)



-Breathe & Stop….Q-tip



-Hot Tottie…..Usher (feat. Jay-Z) ALWAYS have a lill Jay-Z on my runs ALWAYS



-OMG….Usher (feat. Will.I.am)



-Drop The World…..Lil Wayne & Eminem



-Only Girl (in the World)….Rihanna



HIGH ENERGY…..I was RUNNIN’ & SINGIN'!

I glance to my left and notice the girl next to me has now slowed down, then stops, holds on to the side rails (gasping)…..adjust her speed and begins to run again…….she stopped and grabbed the side rails a few more times…….I side eye her…..YUP, sure did….Lol….SEE YA CHICA! I’m on my second go around with Rhianna’s Who’s That Chick, and gotta little running swag going on, so I leave her behind and Z.O.N.E!! “beating like a disco drum” blasts in my ear and I feel like my feet are hitting that treadmill like a beating drum!! Oh, yea, I’m feelin’ good now!! When I come out of my zone, the girl is toweling down her treadmill, huffing and puffing…… I continue on solo…….I’m usually not a competitive person….OK……YES, I am when it comes to endurance, I don’t know what happens to me in the gym I turn into a BEAST! Lol……BRING IT or GO HOME!! Hahahaha…LOVEIT! I run for 60 minutes straight, I stop only because I want to take a yoga class that’s beginning…..I exit the treadmill towel off and make my way to the yoga studio.

Tee-Hee



This particular teacher was recommended to me by another teacher who takes my class regularly. I LOVED, loved, loved, this class! It was exactly what I needed after teaching two classes and that hard core run, I needed a solid yoga class, and Diane did not disappoint! I tend to have lower back tightness, as I’m a lover of backbends and my flexibility and strength allow me to move into really deep backbends, but at times my ego creeps up and I over do it….I practice some type of backbend and inversion daily……they get me high, ALL NATURAL HIGH!! Like most things that make us feel good we crave more and as we know, when ya THIRSTY for anything the outcome is not necessarily going to be positive……I’m growing and learning, how to let go of the attached need for that high and just take little taste…..I’m GROWING!! Anyway, Diane focused on lower back (just what I needed), she also did a lot of hip openers (perfect after my run), she played very soft relaxing music and I fell into a nice practice…..I LOVE taking classes with a variety of teachers and styles (always up for learning more)…..The savasana & breathing work she moved us into was a perfect way to end the class…..Thanks Diane…..I’ll be back!


Aaahhhhhh......


After class I hit the steam bath,  I had the room to myself (love when it’s just me!) I CHILLED….I mean CHILLED…..It felt soooo good in there, this is the *brand new gym* so everything is ya know, EXTRA…..I head into the showers and I’m greeted with two high power shower heads……one over head and one traditional out of the wall….Ummm, AHHHhhhhh! As I ‘m showering I realize I take more showers in these gym’s than I do at home….Lol…..I don’t have steam baths and dual shower heads at home, so I don’t mind, but it made me giggle…….I spend way too much time getting dressed after, I was so relaxed and could feel the left over fatigue settling in. I exit the gym and head to take care of the forest preserve growing on my eyebrows, only to miss my girl who waxes me……DANG IT! I’m real picky about who I let come near my eye’s with hot wax, so I’ll return on Monday or Tuesday (can’t let just anybody wax ya)……Tonight I’m staying in, getting to bed early enough so I can get back to 100% ……90% is not gonna cut it…..Day off tomorrow……Yippie!!


Peace & Love Y'all

Peace,
T




No comments: