Monday, June 13, 2011

Tri Stories: FANTASTIC DAY!!

Tri Stories: FANTASTIC DAY!!

Day's like today make me smile like this!!
I awoke this morning to bright sunshine, feeling good and ready to get the work week crackin’…….Up at 06:00 off to teach my 07:00 class which held many familiar faces that I’ve not seen in a while…..NICE……then I moved into a 30 minute meditation followed by my personal yoga practice. After my practice I head down to get my spin on!! I walk into class head up FRONT to my spin bike and I’m met with two AWESOME surprises…..1. Pablo is on the bike across from me……2. James is teaching!!! Awwwww Yea, it’s 'bout to be ON up in here I think to myself…….James turns it out as usual, there were about 20 spinners in class and everyone came to spin…..I move off the energy of Pablo, and the chica next to me (reg spinner), immediately I began to break a sweat, I mean a all out I’m here to work it out sweat!! After my two hour ashtanga practice on Saturday, my body was more than ready for this…..let me back track for a min……Saturday’s asthanga class was the BIZzzzz……during the month of May I was only able to attend one Saturday ashtanga class (schedule conflicts), my body wasted no time letting me know it did not appreciate the brake, I was releasing toxins all over the mat……at one point during class I say to Mary “clearly my body was not happy with the break”. I felt amazing afterwards and left the studio floating. Sunday I took a easy 6 mile bike ride and gave my ride some needed TLC. So being in spin class today after my personal practice, my body, mind, and spirit were all gelin’…..


You talkin' to ME!?!
Lol......I LOVE IT!!

After spin class I confess to James that I gush about him on my blog, tee-hee….I made him BLUSH……tee-hee….LOVESIT!! He tells me he’ll be subbing again in two weeks, Yayyyy!! “I’ll be here” I say……such a sweetie that James is, YUM!! Then I ask Pablo if he was runnin’ today, “yes, outside” he responds, then adds “you down?” . OH SNAP! lt; I think to myself, runnin’…..outside……with Pablo…..He gonna kill me!!! “Umm, yea, I, I’m down” then I add “dude I don’t wanna slow you up”, “naw, no worries, we got this” he says…..“O….OK, let me change into my runnin’ shoes and I’ll meet you out front” I say, the entire time I’m like OMG, he gonna kill me!! I meet Pablo out front and we proceed to run 4 miles, well a little over 4 miles, it was very clear to me that Pablo slowed up his pace for me…..THANKS PABLO!! He really didn’t seem to mind, but I felt kinda bad….I mean dude usually runs at 6 min miles…….nevertheless we had a nice run to the lake and back. Pablo is a AWESOME coach, I highly recommend anyone looking for a solid training partner to hit him up......


Pablo Sampaio

(http://www.enduranceperformancechicago.com/ ) SERIOUSLY!! Get the results you’re looking for with him, this dude is the REAL DEAL!! It was a PERFECT day to run outside in Chi-city today, and we ran through downtown Chicago just before lunch time, I was feeling awesome, the toughest part was on the way back, that last .5 mile started to creep up on a sista, WHEW, I was feelin’ it, but Pablo fed me with encouraging words and suggested I visualize it being race day and knowing my peeps were waiting for me at the finish line……It helped sooooo much…….BTW……I’m a REAL RUNNER NOW Y’ALL!! Gosh, that feel good to say!! As we arrive back at the gym I ask Pablo what pace did we run......are ya ready for this……..9.25 min/mile!!! YEA!!! Ok, like I said clearly I slowed Pablo up by at least three minutes, BUT he sped me up by 2+ minutes!! Honestly, I could not believe I ran that pace for four + miles!! YA know what……I’M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!! YES I AM!! The most I've run doing a brick (spin class followed by run) is three miles at 11 min/mille on the treadmill and here I was just doin’ it today outside hangin’ tough and movin’…….It feels good…..NO it feels AWESOME!!! I’m still smiling about it!!



Once in the gym I gulp down a Gatorade, I could taste the salt in my sweat and that’s just not a good look, so I replenished immediately!! I thank Pablo and he say’s he'll be returning for my yoga class later in the evening…..Oh and in between  dude went swimming!! ME , I TOOK A NAP!! Lol, the combo of James & Pablo wore me out….Lol….WORD!! After my nap I handle some business then I’m off to teach my last class for the day……I top things off with Sushi!! YUMMERS!! Such a FAB day, really this entire week is packed with delicious things for me….Oh, I’m such a blessed woman and I don’t take that for granted!!! On tap for tomorrow, a 13 mile bike ride outside, then I’m hit up the pool and get a 60 min swim in……I have a bunch of great business obligations to take care of as well……Such a great way to start of a week that is LOOKIN’ GOOD!!




Peace, Love & Sunshine
Y'all!
 Peace,

T

No comments: