Friday, June 10, 2011

Tri Stories: Always keep your inner PEACE......

Tri Stories: Always keep your inner PEACE......





Inner Peace a BEAUTIFUL thing to have.....

OK, so I’m back up and running……..Training has been going GREAT!! Thursday I had a nice spin class with Julie and a solid personal yoga practice and meditation. I’m beginning to think summer is not coming to Chi-city until July, the weather has been all over the place. I was able to ride Mon & Tues, but wed-today scattered showers, high winds and drop in temps, no I don’t ride in those conditions anymore……..I’ve been caught out in to much bad weather on my ride and it’s no fun, leaves me cold and very cranky!!




Spin was right on time, class was pretty small, I think people were tired of the cold and rain and just stayed in……Wednesday evening thunderstorms were fierce, they lasted through the night into Thursday morning………sigh….. I was soaked when I arrived for spin class (thankful I always pack extra clothes), and I was using a huge sturdy umbrella …..ella, ella…… I think people have just about had it with this weather….well…..I have. Today after teaching my 07:00 AM class, I hit the gym to get my training in for the day…….yoga, run, swim…..I have a nice personal practice lots of hip work, the increase in my running pace along with my outdoor biking have me SUPER tight, I focus my awareness on lengthening out the tight areas creating some new space……seriously, I can’t imagine what my training and body would be like without my yoga practice. I ran 5 miles in 55 minutes!! WHAT, YUP 5 miles in 55 minutes.……I started at 11:15 min/mile and pretty much stayed that pace until the last ten minutes when I cranked up to 10:00 min/ mile…….I can’t wait to get outside and run regularly, I’m pretty sure I’ll be at a lower pace, and I’d like to begin taking as much of my training outdoors as possible. After my sweet run I hit the pool…….OH, cool things happened today, one of my regular students gifted me with a pair of swimming gloves (so sweet), and in my noon class two new students, invited me to swim with their woman’s tri-training group at this gym!!! BLESSINGS…….




My swim gloves!!
 People are so amazing and the continuous outpouring of support that I receive daily from family, friends, and students means so much to me! I’m going to take them up on their offer starting next Monday, I’m also joining Antoine’s swimming group next week. So I used my new swim gloves today, umm, I don’t know how I feel about them just yet, the defiantly worked my arms but I found myself tiring quickly……my plan was eight laps today, I did OK....While using  the gloves and no pool boy I struggled a bit, the extra resistance the gloves seem to bring (could be my imagination) left my legs working extra hard with the kicks, so I stopped mid way each time…..Uggghhhh…..While using the gloves and pool boy together I was able to swim the full half’s without stopping…..I dunno, I’m gonna keep at it, I know my upper and lower body is getting stronger in the water, even my breathing has improved…..I’m able to come up and inhale a nice easy breath every four counts, instead of staying under for six to eight then coming up hungry for breath……now I need to put all this together….Lol….there lies my challenge, good breath, strong upper and lower body strength movin’ as one……..IT WILL BE DONE!



Dell, Dell, Dell…….I WILL NEVER……NEVER, purchase another dell product, EVER!! OK, so my adapter gave out on me the night before my trip to Kentucky…..it was the first thing I needed to deal with upon arriving home, I hit up dell only to find out a new adapter with shipping and handling would cost me close to $100, this would not be a big deal except my computer is less than two years old and funny my warranty on parts recently expired…..I WAS NOT HAPPY……OH, and once your warranty is expired with dell, they no longer offer free online support, no they make you pay……I think that is POOR BUSINESS, I mean if you help me out when needed, it’s more than likely I’d use your company again, but to shuffle me off as soon as you realize I’m no longer under factory warranty, without taking into consideration that my warranty expired within the month of the problem, that’s just SHADY!!
WORD!



I hang up with dell, take a few deep breaths, then I take time to surf the net, learning that my adapter problem is nothing new, I read complaint after complaint about other folks adapters that went bad within a month or two of warranty expiration!! The stories read just like mine, every detail! Com’on now! Dell is very much aware of this, they put out crappy products, and just hope that people will keep buying from them……..One dude told a story of how he blasted them on many web sites after his adapter died, dell pretty much told him “so sad, too bad’, until he went after them hard on message boards……Dell never responded to him until the complaints were everywhere, then they replaced his adapter and mother board for FREE……Dayummmm shame! As I continued to read the complaints, I came across some solutions, I was able to find a local merchant here in Chicago who sold replacement adapters BRAND NEW, and they happen to be on SALE!! I hoped on the train today and picked up my brand new adapter for $19 + $4.50 (train fare round trip), for the low price of $23.50 compared to dell’s price of $90 + shipping……..SHAME ON YOU DELL!!!



Anywhoo…..all is good and I’m back in the comfort of my own spot blogging and surfing…….I think my next purchase is going to be a MAC!


Peace,
Peace & Love......ALWAYS Choose
Inner Peace
Y'all
T








No comments: