Monday, January 4, 2010

Living my Yoga....

Happy New Year! Welcome to my blog. As we enter a new decade I find myself reflecting on the past 10 years, realizing how much my life has changed. I came across this photo which was taken in 2005, I remember the day the perfect weather the early morning lake sun, and how happy I was feeling. This was the year my yoga began to come to life, my practice was strong and I was discovering different aspects of who I was and what I really desired out of life. My fears began to surface quicker than I could respond, I held on to my yoga and meditation like a drug. Facing my fears I became determined to live my life to the fullest ( whatever that was supposed to be )……Instead I found myself lost trying to live by what others said to be a full life, as I’m a leader by nature, living by text, teacher and guru’s words left me completely lost within myself. I soon began to realize I was rushing to a destination of unknown, thankfully my practice was strong enough that I knew how to slow down breathe and detach from my fears and incorporate one step at a time while keeping in mind that the “journey” is much more rich and important than the destination.

So I’ve decided to take on a personal challenge and Live My Yoga! It sounds so simple, simple enough that one may ask “you’re a yoga teacher, don’t you live your yoga”? The truth is no, I mean I have a strong personal practice, I’m committed to my teaching and continuing education with my teacher, and I reap many benefits from this approach, such as better health and greater vitality. I know the true power of yoga will be revealed when I engage in it as a way of life. I invite you to join me on my journey to Live My Yoga, I’ve committed myself to blog about life daily, just my words, thoughts  and rambles, as I began to awaken my self awareness, widening my circle of relationships, and embracing all of life, taking my yoga off the mat deeper into self, and  into the world! I look forward to your comments, experiences and personal journeys…….PEACE

No comments: