Monday, January 3, 2011

Tri-stories

Tri-Stories






Pigeon Pose

Today was probably the most challenging thus far, but I enjoyed every moment of it! Awake at 5:30 at the Gym by 6:15 got into my meditation, followed by teaching my 7-8am class then my own personal practice. In my personal practice I worked with pigeon pose and warrior one and two, to help open my hips and release tightness in my lower back…..also I use the warrior poses for my knees, I could feel the affects of yesterdays run and holding the warrior poses for two-three minutes each, helps to strengthen my knees and strengthen my quads as I remain aware of proper alignment and breath movement while holding these poses. Off to spin class by 9:30 am…..this was one of the BEST spin classes ever! The music was on point the teachers sequence was strong and high on endurance and strength, the hour seemed to fly by…….I was wearing my new bike shorts with gel seat padding ( if you spin do yourself a favor and purchase some of these), um, AWESOME, it completely changed the rides comfort level. I love spinning I always feel strong within like we’re really climbing, jumping and running on the open road……as the sweat poured off me I could feel the clarity and the high taking over!

Warrior One



After spinning I was beginning to feel the affects of yesterdays run & yoga session, but I still had to get my run in for the day…….I was chatting with Pablo and he gently reminded me to take it easy, not to over do it. I heard him loud and clear! I must remember that my ego is not training for this tri….I allowed my ego to train for the marathon and the results were bad. So I decided I would run until my body said stop…..I ran three miles and was done. Pablo also reminded me to fuel the machine! I have to work on that….teaching and practicing yoga so early I usually don’t eat until after but now that my training hours are getting longer I’m going to pack small snacks in my bag to refuel in between activities. The end of my training was complete with 20 minutes in the steam room…..Ahhhhh!! I highly recommend using a steam room if you have access, it’s the best thing for the entire body after a workout, I take steam baths at least four times a week. I could feel my achy worked muscles soften and release as the warmth and moisture of the steam mixed with the eucalyptus seeped into me, my mind chatter calmed down and my breath became soft and even as I lay back with my eyes closed and took it all in, feeling very much at peace after completing today’s training.




Front

I’m feeling great! I need to get my sleep habits in check, as a night owl going to bed at three or four in the morning is like the norm for me……but that’s not going to sustain me with this training, yesterday and today I took long solid naps…..not good, because I’m up all night, so I’m going to be realistic and give myself a 1:00 am absolute latest bedtime, hopefully I’ll go by midnight though.

Front arm up





Side arms up
I had a few photos taken so I can share the changes in my entire self during this process with y’all…..Though this is not about weight loss, it is sure to happen and as I’m able to write and express about my mental and spiritual changes, I also want to share the physical changes, via pictures and video. Thanks for all the positive words and feedback I’m off to teach my last class this evening, followed by a nice dinner and my evening meditation and tea and some reading….Bed by 1:00 (as I took a nap today), I’ll aim for midnight tomorrow!!





Peace,
T



No comments: