Monday, February 1, 2010

Reflection......


I’m sitting here in the local coffee/tea spot in my hood, I love it here such a very diverse group of folks , everyone doing their own thang…..some just here to people watch others to get work done, and others just to have a drink and let go…. You can often spot the letting go people, its obvious…..that look of peace and calm, inner silence, its nice……I’m here to get some work done, I can not remember my sign in information for this location , so after several attempts I’ve been locked out…. I’m looking at it as a good thing because it puts me in the place of writing…….kind of like nothing else to do, so write…….but, not really like that……….whatever, I’m doing it so……..



This is going to be a week of reflection for me I can feel it settling in, its not intentional I just feel it happening………On Friday, I’m being honored at the National Black Nurses Day (NBND), Chicago Chapter celebration, for my work done in the area of Preventative Health and Wellness….. My heart still pitter patters inside when I think about it, I feel sooooo honored to be one of the recipients……



My trip home over the holidays was AMAZING……but also emotional, my parents are getting older and both have significant health histories, and its really hard not to feel a bit guilty, for not being closer to them. My family all support my decision to live here, so I know its just normal feeling of guilt, that’s why I had to take it down on to the mat and be in the present moment…..Let life happen! Of course within reason……When I received the nomination packet, I really did not think much about it…..that’s just how I am, I put my intention to contacting the three people I would ask for professional recommendations, then writing my self required narrative…..The deadline was less than a week away, once I turned my application packet in, I let it go……

The elevator line in my building was unusually long on Martin Luther King Day, I assumed because many had the day off, but as the line grew and people started to get antsy, I knew it was much more. I decided to walk away from the increase of energy I could feel…….Nope not today I thought to myself, I was having a good day and wanted to keep that balance…..So I checked my mailbox…. Immediately I noticed the envelope from NBND……I took a breath and opened it…My heart started pitter pattering real fast, not beating…pitter pattering! My eyes welled up to a point where I could feel it in the back of my throat…..I knew, I was a blink away from a full blown crying fit…The elevators came, and just as I put the key in my apt door, the waterfalls began…….



I literally walked away from bedside nursing in 2007. My departure from nursing was bitter sweet, not planned, no game plan had been established…….I arrived at work as scheduled one eve, left early with a headache, and turned in my letter of resignation the next morning….EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLEY….I then set out on a personal mission to bring yoga and wellness to every one that is open to receive it…..This has been quite the personal challenge, it’s a life style change, financial change…..It’s a significant change!! I’ve learned so much about my self and attachment to things…..I’ve been able to get my yoga and wellness out there my way, helping others and receiving help from others…..I’m so very honored to be a part of this celebration, as it is my passion to educate all in Preventative Health and Wellness! Yep, this is definitely going to be a week of reflection……..I welcome it! Its always nice to take time out and reflect……Good for the whole you…….



Peace & Reflection

No comments: