Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tri Stories: What a difference a shoe makes!!

Tri Stories: What a difference a shoe makes!!


Wow, what a week, actually what a MONTH!! I’ve been on go since the end of March….. I’m certainly NOT complaining, never complain about growth!! I’ve been up and out as the sun comes up, and back in when it’s down. So many cool things happening right now!! It’s a necessity to LOVE what you do, and I’m at a place where I love what I’VE CREATED!! I love that I’m SLOWLY but SURELY living the results of all the handwork I’ve put in…..feels amazing! I’m enjoying every moment and then letting it go, no attachment, absolute enjoyment!! Blessings…..




Spinners.....

I was looking forward to spinning with my new shoes today!! After meditation and a personal practice filled with a variety of asanas, I head out to class……Temps dropped and the wind was kickin’ butt in Chi-city today, sun shining, but the wind…..Brrrr! I enter the spin studio all excited, with each step I hear, click, click, click, as my shoes make contact with the floor…..tee-hee. I set up my bike get on and CLICK IN!! Easy, no problem at all, I join others in the warm up, immediately noticing a difference, well a few differences…..the first being knee alignment, knees stayed centered and over my ankles, I felt secure in the clips, much more secure than the straps……the clips seem to nicely stabilize my legs, also my knees were not tipping off to the pinkie toe side, my standing runs felt MUCH lighter…..OMG, I can’t believe I’ve been riding my bike & the spin bike without these shoes!! Hey take a tip from me, if your spinning inside or out, invest in spin shoes…..REALLY!! I must admit, feeling safely locked in the peddles kind of freaked me out a bit......yikes......only because I’ll be that locked in on MY  bike….yikes……I tried not to think about that, but it was the first thing that came to mind after I realized just how secure these shoes are……I’m planning on going out for a long ride on Sunday……weather permitting. I gotta get out there and ride, so I can peddle this attachment away!! No time for this fear, no time at all, so it’s gotta go!

Me & My Pops....

Me & My Mom.....
I literally ran from one destination to another today, changing clothes four times in eight hours…..metired!! The 4th Annual Power to End Stroke Gospel Tour Health Fair (sponsered by The American Heart Association ) event I was a part of this evening was GREAT!! I was blessed with a vendor invite, and connected with some wonderful people……Like, I said, this month has been totally cool, I mean TOTALLY COOL!! Funny I was feeling some kind of way ( not bad nor good, just some kind of way) Monday & Tuesday, until I spent two hours on the phone with my folks Tuesday evening……from my moms comic relief family story updates, to my pops deep conversation & encouraging words, I felt ready for the world after we hung up!!…..my pops is the one I share my insecurities with, the one person I know who is ALWAYS positive, no judgment, and no matter how you’re feeling he makes you feel BETTER and STRONGER! I love my family and feel really blessed to have them in my life, no matter what the distance is between us I know they are always near....their love, support and belief in me makes the hard times easy, keeps me focused and confidant……Oh well, I’m OVER tired and obviously a tad bit emotional…..time for bed. I’m calling up one of my massage therapist friends manana, ‘cause momma in need of a deep tissue!!



Peace & Love Y'all....
 Peace,
T


No comments: