Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tri Stories: It’s the most wonderful time….

 
 
BEAUTIFUL Chi-city.....West looking East..

Tri Stories: It’s the most wonderful time….





CHI-city was LIT UP with SUN!! I LOVE this time of year, bright sun, temps tryin' to figure out where they belong, cold breeze and strong winds to gently remind me, not yet, but almost!! Trees with buds, birds chirping signs of green grass to come……..Ahhhhh! So I guess its no surprise I’m a Spring baby!! I was up around 06:45 sat for meditation and moved into sun salutations, I didn’t add much after my sun salutations with the exception of a Handstand (Shirshasana)and Forearm balance (Pincha Mayurasana) …….This time of year I’m heavy on inversions, I just love the feeling of being inverted, ya know mixing things up, to bring it back down with a new out look…..FREE & REFRESHING!! Like the refreshing feeling of Spring!



  



My spin shoes....

I awoke feeling all giddy and excited, looking forward to heading back to Performance bike shop to get my peddles put on and learn how to ride with my *new spin shoes* Wooot, woot!! Arriving at the gym I head into the locker room to change into my spin gear then I hit the studio……nice size class today, I think people spin no matter what the weather is, I know I will……I need the direction that the teachers give, it helps me to improve my outdoor ride, so I think Tuesday’s will become my swim, indoor spin, then spin outside for a long ride…..yea, I like that plan……DeWitt was teaching today, I sooo look forward to his classes!! He challenges us all, while gently reminding us that it’s our class and if you need a break take a break……Ummmm, nawwww, I DON”T take breaks in spin….I SPIN, break after…..Lol…..DeWitt’s sequence included a lot of jumps today which I enjoy, SWEAT was everywhere…..good for the booty & hamstrings, every time I’m doing standing climb, I think to myself *Booty by DeWitt* Lol….‘cause I can feel my booty tightening up while I peddle as he shouts out “hips back, hover over seat, feet flat, hands in third, elbows hover over handle bars….Ay, Dios mio!…..Lol…..ILOVEIT!!
 
Bottom view




After class I head off to get my bike taken care of…….not so good news, I need new breaks….uggghhh!! Better news much cheaper than breaks for a car….Yayyyy!!! The best news, I got my peddles and shoes!! OK, I must admit I’m a bit freaked about coming to a stop and releasing my feet from being locked in while riding, I practiced a bit in the store…..locking in and unlocking out……ummmm, yea, it’s gonna take a min or two for me to get this, especially peddlin’ DOWNTOWN Chi-city, Grrrr…..Cabbies, bus drivers and all other drivers dislike bikers, and a biker with new clip shoes get’s NO LOVE, Grrrr…..I dunno, I’m going to meditate on letting go of this pang of insecurity I have about my abilities to get the hang of this……gotta let that go……..I GOT THIS……Yea, that’s my mantra for a while!




Peace & Love Y'all....

Peace,

T


No comments: