Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Head up! Shoulders back!"......Arrrgghh!


Standing run
Tri Stories: "Head up! Shoulders back!"......Arrrgghh!


I think it may be time for a training  intervention……NOT!!!!



Ok, so I had all intentions of taking today off….really I did…..BUT, last evening I left my IPOD at the gym (thank GOD it was the gym and not on the bus!), I need my music with me, so I figured if I needed to go pick it up, I’ll just spin today. I was up 07:30 (woo hoo!! slept in!), short meditation and moved through few sun salutations, followed by some breath work. My legs were slightly feeling the affects of yesterday’s training, but nothing the sun salutations did not take care of…….I pack my bag and I’m out!



BEAUTIFUL Sunshiny day here in Chi-city! Temps in the mid forties, no need for a hat or gloves…..Oh MELOVES the sun it  just does something to my soul....I usually hop on the bus in front of my building, but today, I walk a bit until I see the bus coming then I hop on……..As I enter the gym, one of the young receptionist immediately reaches for my IPOD, I think the addict look I was wearing lead her to jump up and get it….Lol…..I LOVE music, especially when I’m walking around the city……gives me a sense of peace in this big ol’ crazy city. I reach for my IPOD like it was a lost child….tee-hee…


It's gettin' hot in here!


I head into the locker room change into my riding shorts & cross trainers now I’m ready to spin. DeWitt was teaching today, I don’t know what dude was on today, but he KICKED our butts!! I mean the lights went down, the fans came on, and that was all he wrote! At first I thought it was just me, ya know fatigued from yesterdays training, but as I glanced around the room everyone was feelin’ this……I’d say there were 15-16 spinners in class today, 90% regulars…….We started of with a BANG and never looked back, the runs, jumps, climbs……OMG….My FACE was RAINING! You may think I’m exaggerating, but really my face was RAINING!! I’m talking in the first 10 minutes of class….Every spin teacher offers me something different, and I appreciate that…..I Love, love, love Dewitt’s style of teaching, because he TEACHES! He is big on alignment, which I think is extremely important (that’s my teaching style as well ) in any physical fitness class you teach….Funny, the things that initially annoyed me about him, I’ve come to really respect & look forward to! That DRILL SARGENT VOICE as he guides us along, I swear every time he say’s “head up” I feel like he’s talking to me, because my head is always down ….Lol! PURE ENERGIES in that class today, you can tell the entire class was on FIYYAAA!! 'cause at the end of a set, audible WHEW’S and OH, MY GOSH were coming from everyone…..self included! I swear this was one of the BEST & CHALLENGING spin classes I’ve ever taken……..OK, I’m trying  to remember the songs played, but seriously,  I was so into the  ride that nothing was sticking to the brain, except Dewitt’s voice yelling out over the microphone, “head up”, “shoulders back”, “feet flat” AND the one I remember most….”Give Me more Resistance!” REALLY DEWITT!! JUST REALLY!! I’m telling’ you, he was on some brand new energy today……When a entire class is panting “woo, good” when asked "how y’all doin?” ….Lol….Don’t you know we all just riding off your energy and commands DeWitt!?!…..just ridin’ off your energy babe……ILOVEIT!!

Work it!


Although, I can’t recall all the titles on his play list, I know I heard some U2, and…..um, and…..I dunno.....I will say he has defiantly stepped his music game up! When class was over EVERYONE had sweat puddles under them, my tank was drenched and DeWitt has the nerve to say “Toni, um, you have a wet spot on the back of your shirt” …..Hardy har har!……Yea, not only is he a excellent teacher but he has JOKES! Gotta love a teacher that brings it every week……



No Steam Bath today…….I took one in SPIN CLASS….Lol….WORD! I was DONE! One of my locker room chat buddies commented “what your not going in the steam room today” I respond “NOPE, just had one in spin class”…..we both laugh!!
Keeping it real, I had all intentions of walking home after class sucking up the spring like temp, and hanging with Mother Nature.......Mannnnn, I got halfway and hopped on DA BUS!! Lol, for real this chica was SPENT! even with my music & sunshine…..DA BUS never looked so good!!

Always Evolving.....




I feel AMAZING!! Knowing I can accomplish anything I give awareness to..... that class was exactly what I needed, to keep the body open from yesterday’s training....it was all I needed….Lol…….I’m DEEP into paper work so I came home made some tea and had a bowl of oatmeal…..YUM…….I’ve  been inspired by my spin teachers to update my IPOD with a mixture of all their play list ( new running music) so I got to work on that too…….Sorry Mother Nature, I really wanted to hang with you today…..BUT, DeWitt kicked my BUTT!! I’ll make it up to ya though……..Who said training for a triathlon could not be fun!! It’s FUN and then some…even on the most challenging days like today, I was left with a smile on my face and in my heart, while my mind remained clear and at peace……Thanks DeWitt you ROCK!!

Love ya SOUL Y'all.....Love ya SOUL!




Tomorrow is my DAY OFF!! Ummmm……YIPPIEE!!!

Peace,
T

No comments: