Monday, March 7, 2011

Tri Stories: Oh what a day, what a day, what a dayyyy…..

Tri Stories: Oh what a day, what a day, what a dayyyy…..

 
Recovery on Tap!



The power of being well rested mind, body, and spirit…….I spent my weekend resting my entire self, spending quality time & sharing healthy meals with those I adore, cooking (meditative for me), cleaning (nothing beats fresh clean laundry & clean casa ), yoga, meditation, meditation and more meditation, all topped off with good sleep! I awoke this morning so fresh and so clean……I like to pack my gym bag the night before, while  packing last night, I was undecided on what I was going to do today, so I packed my run, swim and bike gear. Never did I imagine I would use all three of them today….NEVER!! I mean after all I was all set to go easy today.




Sirsasana B

I’m up at 05:45 arriving at the gym at 06:55 to teach my 07:00 class. After class I move into my personal practice, I really mixed it all up today, sun salutations followed by virabhdrasana (Warrior I & II) , Trikonasana & revolved Trikonasana (triangle), Sirsasana A & B (headstand), Upavista Konasana A & B (Seated Wide Leg Forward bend), Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana & Navasans (boat). As I lay in savasana I notice that I’m feeling great and full of energy, I glance at the clock and the spin class is about to start, without thinking about it I find myself in the locker room changing into my spin gear……OK, I think to myself, I’m spinning today…….my body was literally moving faster than I could process what was next, I was feeling energized so I just rolled with it……




Trikonasana B

Heather is back!!!!! Yayyyy…….Awwwww SNAP, I walk in and just knew this class was going to be off the chain, there are about 13 spinners including me, and our first song *Jay-Z* had us up and running, followed up with jumps to Black Eye Peas *Boom, Boom Pow* and Usher mash up, taking it down a bit with Eminem sayin’ *Good bye to Hollywood*…..leading us into a 5 minute seated climb in the dark to Marcy Playground…..Oh, how I love and miss her 5 min seated climbs in the dark, WHEW! I don’t know what got into me but I cranked that resistance up fixed my gaze on the peddles of the person in front of me and I CLIMBED! sweat never felt so good, the energy in the class was insane some spinners were seated others were standing and a few did a combo of both……Lovesit!! I snap out of it as I hear Heathers voice say “Toni can you get the lights” (I spin in front of the light & fan switches)….“whoa, it’s over” I think as I reach for the switches……I was feeling more energized than ever……I cant recall the last songs we jumped and cooled down to, I was on some other stuff, just riding and following Heathers commands as they blared out of her microphone…….I was high off this spin!!



Life is GOOD!
Leaving the spin room, my mind and body said “let’s do a brick today” (bike & run) my spirit agreed, off to the treadmill I go…….no, second thoughts, no hesitation.....mind, body & spirit were in sync and full of energy……"OK, Let’s go!" I think......I run for 30 minutes solid, again sweat never felt so good……It was cleansing…..As I ran my Ipod shuffled through some of my favorite artist to work out to Jay-Z (of course), Rihanna, Usher, Barry White…..YUP! I said Barry White, Police, Q-Tip , Adele, Keith Sweat, Mob Deep……I was running all GANGSTA & POP….ILOVEIT!!! Lol…….I was pumping my fist in the air at times, while maintaining the ability to sing as I ran (breath work)……Knees, never said a word……that makes two runs in a row without knee pain…..Yayyyyy! I was sweating so much that I reach for my water bottle and literally pour water down my throat and shirt as I continued to run (no slowing down or stopping), I wanted to keep this energy my body was serving up!

Off the treadmill feeling a good tired, not fatigued but a good tired…….The next thing I know I was in the locker room changing into my swim gear….Lol…..it just happened!! While in the locker room I chatted with a woman I see here often, she mentions how she had crazy energy today and ran much longer than she intended.......we both laugh.....I mention my high energy today ……She called me a “mad woman” Lol…..Once I told her what I‘ve done already……we laugh some more……I wish her a good day, then  I’m off to the pool…….The electrician ( I see him all the time), spots me heading in to swim and comments “wow, you’re training it all today”, I laugh, because he spotted me teaching my class, moving through my personal practice, swimming, running and leaving the spin studio drenched…Lol….I think he thought I was nuts!! “I’m just getting’ it in” I say….”I see!” he responds, “good for you, keep it up” (I love the encouragement, it helps sooo much)
Just doin' it! We all start somewhere



I proceed to swim for 45 minutes…..I start with two laps of kicking & breath work (using pool boy….Google it), I then move into three swim laps, initially I’m the only one in the pool, five minutes into my swim a dude comes in and takes the third lane (I’m in the first)….He is blowing by me with his laps, as I take much needed breaks……I swim from 3ft-4.1ft, break…..then 4.1ft-4.6ft. Break……then 4.6ft-5.0ft…..and back. For a quick second I get caught up in his swim with no breaks…..I then say to myself “focus”, I let that go, knowing if I get all caught up in his swim, my own progress will slow down……I practice what I teach!…..I ALWAYS say to my students “DO YOU”…“stay off your neighbors mat, unless you wanna do your neighbors practice”. I live by that…….NEVER be a follower, always be a LEADER! Lead yourself to the next destination on and off the mat. I’m a firm believer in asking for directions and help along the way, but the journey of your life should be guided by you! Everybody’s on a different path as we should be…One should always lead their own journey…….Keeping it REAL, AUTHENTIC & FUNKY!!

Always!

I chill in the hot tub for a few after my swim…..dude that was swimming in lane three gets in about five minutes after me……we begin chatting I say “you were blowing by me in the pool” He laughs, I tell him I’m rather new at this. Dude was soooo sweet, he was impressed that I was new at swimming….I asked for some feed back, he said “ Your stroke is a little short, just work on longer strokes” and added “hey you look good, out there”, “it takes time, take your needed breaks and keep swimming!" Awwwww...Those few encouraging words from this stranger made this great day of training outstanding!! Thanks DUDE in the pool, thanks soooo much!!





STEAM BATH TIME!!! Of course I top things of with a steam bath, feeling very strong and confidant, I smile within’………I love this…..I absolutely love where I’m at in life …..I don’t have it all by any means, as far as money, and material things…..but I have my health, love & respect for myself, the strength and courage to keep pushing’ forward, trusting and honoring myself with each step I take, following my dream…….NO MONEY or MATERIAL ITEM in the world could replace all that I have right now!! Such a BEAUTIFUL DAY!! What a day, what a day!!



Sweet dreams Y'all
 I'm open to whatever tomorrow brings!

Peace,

T






No comments: