Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tri Stories: Hoop, hoop……Hoop, hoop!



How is that Hoop floating like that, you may ask......PURE ENERGY!
 
Tri Stories: Hoop, hoop……Hoop, hoop!




Busy Thursday…….I was able to sleep in a bit today, up at 07:30.….meditation, home practice then I’m OUT!



I’m gonna back track for a moment here……I’ve begin teaching Hula Hoop classes, another hidden passion of mine, as a kid I was the “Hula Hoop QUEEN!” I can recall my Green and White stripped hula hoop with the beads in it that mad that…Chi, chi,….chi, chi, sound as it circled around my hips and waste…..I would stand for minutes on end getting it in with my hoop….Lol…..So it’s with great joy and pleasure I’m able to share my SKILLZzzz with others! I’ll just say this is a awesome way to reeve up the cardiovascular system, burn calories in a NON IMPACT aerobic way, also allowing one to bring that inner child out to play!! Every time I hoop I feel FREE and HAPPY like nothing else matters in the world, the giggles kick in and I’m swaying the hips side to side dipping down, then up, stepping forward, and back, round and round,, down to the ground….LOL…..Hahaha….I LOVE IT…….FREE!!!


I wanna have some FUN!




Even though yesterday was my training day off, I hula hooped for 45 minutes! After, as I headed out to teach my noon class I was feeling all giddy and playful, my students were like “what are you on today” Lol….“I’m on the HOOP” I say……Not only was I left feeling energized I also felt my inner child jump for joy as I moved with the hoop, the smile on my face and within my heart was so powerful……like a release from all the work I’ve been doing….Hula Hooping is a great way to provide healing energy work to the lower half of the chakra system (Google it)…..grounding and centering the energies of the 3 lower chakras. Opening the flow of sensuality, creativity, passion, emotions, and the power of love! That’s exactly how I feel after a session of hooping……FREE, HAPPY AND full of LOVE!! That coupled with the physical benefits…..toning the arms, abdominals, buttocks, thighs and legs, and the fact that the whole family can hoop together, this makes for a fun, unique way to burn calories, and honor the mind, body and spirit!







Chakras

As I enter the locker room this morning to change into my spin gear, I bump (literally) into Julie, the spin teacher….we chat for a bit…..then I make my way into the studio. I tell ya, this must be a high energy week, this class was PACKED! I counted about 23 spinners……I like when the class is full…..ENERGY! My regular bike was taken so I sign up for a bike at the end of the row, I have a spinner to my right, I think to myself as were warming up, “this chick better be ready to spin”, the lights go down and Billy Idol starts belting out *Dancing with myself* “I feel ya Billy” I thought as I immediately joined him singing, chic next to me shot me a look….tee-hee…. As Billy continued to sing, in walks “Orange lady” y’all may remember she wore head to toe neon Orange work out gear a few weeks back….Lol…..well today I find out her name, she strolls in as Billy was finishing up and Julie say’s “Hey E!” She catches my attention immediately......today she is decked out in NEON GREEN….Lol….this is one bad momma!! I mean green cap, green tank, and YUP green kicks…..Who color coordinates like that!?! E DOES!! I love people who express themselves that way…..say’s a lot about her, not to mention she is always smiling, I Like E, I think she’s pretty KEWL!! Anywhoo, we’re up and running as Billy & I finish up with……




Dancing with myself!

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance



Oh yea, I’m warmed up now, and clearly my riding partner is  thinking she may have chosen the wrong bike….Lol….oh, well….I SANG EVERY song I know! We stand up and crank up the resistance as *OH YEAH* from Ferris Bueller's Day Off kicks in…..I was entering the ZONE……OH YEAH! Julie said reach down and turn up the resistance, I did just that and peddled to the beat…..Let’s GO rider to my right , let’s GO!! The entire class was up and peddling to the beat…..NICE!! As the song ends and we sit down, I hear….T…T…..TINA TURNER *Better Be Good To Me* pipe in…..“Awww, Julie whatcha’ doin‘ today” I think to myself as I join Tina Turner singing her song! I went from damp skin to a full blown sweat as the fans hovered over us providing a nice cool breeze…..Katrina and the Waves had me *Walking on Sunshine*……I caught the chica next to me shoot me a “are you gonna sing every song” look as she gasped for breath…..Lol….she was tiring out and I was just heating up……If ya gonna spin next to me, come prepared to SPIN!! I began sprinting like a crazy women to get her energized and sure nuff chica picked up her pace, “yea, that’s what I’m talkin’ about” I thought to myself……her energy picked up and I ZONED out completely, no more singing I was GONE!! At the end of class as I exit my bike, I look at my spin neighbor smile, throw up the peace sign and turn to head out as I hear Julie say “by Toni” I smile and toss up the peace sign to her as well…….STEAM BATH TIME!!!! Aaahhhhh……I CHILLED, my mind, body and spirit were delighted!!




One Love

Spring is in the air.....as I head off to my noon class I shed my hat & gloves, let my wet hair air dry, and suck up the smells of the changing seasons in Chi-city……I love the change of seasons, does wonders for me!



After my noon class I immediately reach for a Hula Hoop, I work with the hoop for 45 minutes…..WEEeeeeee Doggies!!! That was INTENSE……my abs, waist, buttocks, neck, knees and hands all had their time with the hoop….I cranked up the music and let go! The hoop weights 1.5-2lbs and glides around the body like silk…….If ya not hula hooping, ya should be! TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!! Men, Women, Child…….Get ya hoop on!

I’m a true believer that establishing a healthy relationship with yourself, allows you to have HEALTHY relationships with others…I find this way, I keep myself away from folks that live in negative energy…..Ya know, gossiping, generalizing, and criticizing others…..I stay FAR AWAY from that energy!! It serves no purpose in my life….none what so ever……If people are truly happy with themselves, the negative talk about others would not exist…..People say to me often, “I notice you don’t get involved in gossip” “NOPE….I’m good on that” I always respond….“BUT if ya wanna praise someone, well I’m all about it……we should LIFT each other UP instead of TAKING each other DOWN…..That’s just ME!!

Help thy neighbor UP !
Peace & Love Y'all




Peace,

T


No comments: