Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tri Stories: Saturday’s


Uttanasana (standing forward fold)

Tri Stories: Saturday’s


Still on the unbelievable high from yesterdays events, I’m ready to go this morning…..no time for a complete home practice, so after my meditation I get ready & I head out to my first class. This is a group of people I’ve been with for a few years, I like teaching at this location because its actually where the students live…..A nice condo complex on the lake, and we tend to have rooms with awesome views of the city ( classes are held in different apartments). Once we were on the 50th floor with a east, south and west view (AMAZING!), it was a evening class and the SOX were playing at Cellular Field (Sox Park)…..and as the class moves from a standing forward fold (uttanasana ) back up to standing at the top of the mat, one of the students (Joe), says “homerun” ……I have no clue what he is talking about, so I say “what” he repeats “homerun, fireworks just went off in cellular field” …….I’m still clueless, must have shown in my face, because his fiancé (Adela) chimes in “whenever the Sox hit a homerun, fireworks go off”, ‘oh, I say”, we all laugh ( I need to get to a game )….the views can make for a great teaching environment.

Chi-City



I leave there and head to my class at Trump, where I finish up around 12:30. It was my intention today to teach my two classes then head over to the gym and take a yoga class then a spin class. I forgot to pack my bike shorts…….I could have taken the class without them but I’ve become somewhat of a shorts snob (ha-ha) I love, love, love, my gel bike shorts and the thought of taking the class without them….well, just not a option…..so I decide to go for a run instead.






Long road ahead....I'm ready!

TRUTH, I'm really not feeling these Saturday trainings, not because I don’t want to train I just don’t want to do it on Saturday! I mean I teach all week and set my classes up on Saturday’s so I’m done teaching by 12:30, allowing me to have Sat afternoon and evening off leading into all about me Sunday’s…..I believe off time for your personal life is a necessity, even if I sit home and clip my nails, it’s my time for me…..Uggghhh, OK, I’m gonna let that go…..




I decide that I need to keep myself motivated today,  so I hop on the treadmill and work on endurance & pace today…..I begin my run at my 13:02min/mile….10 minutes later I get my pace to 12:42min/mile……10 minutes later I move to 12:00mim/mile…I was feeling great! Again running with awarness of my feet and how I was landing, as well as being in tuned with my knee  incase (respecting my body)  it began to call my name (it did not), the last ten minutes I RAN at 11:00min/mile….YUP!! I was really getting’ it in and feeling good while doing so, my heart rate went up nicely and I was sweating like there was a thunderstorm going on, on the treadmill….I was in a zone! After my run, I had five minutes left until the yoga class began so I hoped on the recumbent bike and peddled for five minutes just to stretch my knees a bit (felt good may add that in my training). Then I was off to take this SWEET yoga class with a teacher I practiced with quite often a few years back…..I’ve decided to add various styles of yoga classes to my training, today I choose her multi level vinyasa class….the class is just what I needed…..well put together sequence with challenging asanas but also nice relaxing asanas and a beautiful savasana…..melikes! I love taking other teachers classes, as I’m a believer that a good teacher is always a student! I also like learning different things that I sometimes incorporate into my style of teaching. Sharon’s class was wonderful, I will be back!





















Feeling that post training high, I head out and run a few errands…..I’m exhausted! I have a bunch of work with deadlines that I need to take care of by Monday, I’m going to do my best to embrace these long Saturday trainings…..Until I come up with a different game plan.....Nevertheless, I’m loving this process…..I’m changing, growing, becoming more, and more  aware of myself….growth is a beautiful thing but growth with complete awareness of self …..well…. to me…..that’s PRICELESS!



Tonight I will get down to work and have a glass or two (keepin’ it real! ) of a nice Cabernet, with a sinful meal….Lol! Salud Peeps!!




Peace & Love Y'all
Om

Peace,
T

No comments: