Friday, May 27, 2011

Tri Stories: 48 degrees….

Tri Stories: 48 degrees….

pigeon variation





It’s Fall in Chi-city, temp readings in the forties today 48 to be exact, with wind and cold……I refuse to pull my winter coat out….refuse…..Instead I dress in layers….I’m not happy with these temps, but I feel very blessed that we’re not suffering devastation like the people in Missouri…Prayers out to them all……..



I was up and ready to get crackin’ day! I sit for a short meditation and even shorter yoga practice…….it’s like that sometimes!!  I needed to make a couple of stops before heading into spin class, so I needed to leave home a it earlier…….I arrive at the gym with ten minutes spare, I like arriving a few minutes early, it  gives me time to transition into workout mode. Class was small today, well smaller than usual…..we still had a awesome spin class, Julie called the sequence “The Ladder” which consisted of, jumps, running, running on a hill and standing climbs….Yea, INTENSE….first time around we did each of the above for 2 min , then counted down each time after…….90 sec, 60 sec…..all the way down to 15 sec…….AWESOME sequence, I will use this for a solo spin day…...After class I head for the steam bath……..Aaahhhhhh, Oh steam bath, how I’ve missed you!! It has been two full day’s without a steam bath, my mental, physical and spiritual body needed that! I felt like a brand new me when I walked out of that gym



After my noon class I sit for a much longer meditation……. Then I move through a nice personal practice, incorporating back bends, forward folds, hand stand as my inversion. As a result of all the biking & running, I’ve been building some muscle in my hamstrings and quadriceps, I stay mindfully aware of this as I move into my lower body sequence, stretching & lengthening out the tightness in my legs and inner groins…..Yup, body feels wonderful after my personal practice, never need Advil or any type of muscle relaxant, just YOGA! Well I have a very exciting day tomorrow!! So I need to get some good sleep tonight!!



Peace,
T
Peace, Love & Yoga
Y'all

No comments: