Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tri Stories: City Stories…..

Tri Stories: City Stories…..

Focus


I’ve been moving through my training this week, with comfort…..a bit too much comfort for my liking, I know I just chilled out from a wipe out, but I feel that TURN IT UP ENERGY, stirring within’……I gotta address it….Lol….I slept in this morning up at 7:30 got some yoga in (not enough), and head off to my spin class…….I’m workin’ on a project that’s calling out for my written creativity…..uuuggghhhh…..I’m not big on this…..I get all nervous within when I'm requires to write out like that……uuggghhh…..I wish we could just act out our missions & visions…..I would love that!! Needless to say I’ve been meditating on this task. I know, I see, I speak, I put into action, that’s how I do it….This is out of my comfort zone. I find when I’m in search of creative words, I people watch and create stories about them in my head, some how linking their story to my task at hand….. I know, but that’s how this brain operates….

CTA




I tend to choose my seat on the bus or car on the train depending on the route…..WORD!! ‘Cause if you sit to far back on the wrong bus…..Ummmmm .that’s all I’m sayin’…..Now the front of the bus can be just as Ummmmm…..it really depends on the route!! On this particular route I’m cool wherever I sit, today I choose the back.....this is one of my regular routes, so I tend to see many familiar faces, it’s also a major route for schools, so I’ll see the same students as well. Lately I’ve began to notice just how many children are late for school daily!! Last week there were three 12-13 yo girls clearly running late (I thought initially) for school…then they got off at a stop FAR from any school……as I watched them get off the bus, giggling as they headed up the street at 10:00 am (no books in hand, not even a book bag), I felt a bit disappointed within, that I had not questioned the girls……I don’t know if it would have changed anything, but it really bothered me that I didn’t say anything…..No one questioned them…..I promised myself I would never let that happen again! Watching all the teens today get off the bus on time, at the school stops took my thoughts back to the three teen girls…….I wondered if they were  in school today...



Spin class today was great!! I think these teachers are spinning on the same energy, because all have been heavy on the sprints….I happen to love 'em so I don’t mind. Julie had some good, good, energy today, at one point we ALL were singing to Toto’s *Rosanna* http://youtu.be/Gq4ychrRkQA Lol…Meet you all the way…Lol, LOVESIT!!  Yea, that’s that energy that takes the ride to a whole other level!! Running on hills, seated climbs, jumps!! Oh and music trivia, I did not win, but the answer was Selena Gomez, I don’t listen to pop music of today, but this young lady has a great voice GO Selena G!!
I always feel so alive and refreshed after Julies class, like I wanna grab a bunch of friends and play TAG!! The class leaves me feeling that carefree!



Well, it didn't actually go down like this.....but, you get the idea!

I hit the steam bath, after spin, I relax close my eyes and began writing out my current task in my head…….I think about the students, and how they fit in, I imagine the parents and how they play a part in my task. I lay there creating, writing, putting my vision into words…..about 15 minutes later I open my eyes, sit up in the steam bath, slip on my flip flops and breathe, I let go of the task and what I’ve stored, I clear my thoughts, I stay here for five minutes…..inhaling & exhaling…..Ahhhhhhh……I hit the showers, take my time getting dress and head off for my noon class.  After teaching my class I move into a short yoga practice, I felt a bit rushed this morning and wanted to move through a few more asanas, back bending, twisting, holding asanas, just movin’ with my breath listening to my body…….I followed my yoga practice up with 45 minutes of hula hooping!! I always feel alive after hooping, ALWAYS!! The massage that the weighted hoop provides my internal organs, lower back and core….OoooWeeeee! Nothing like it! I’m looking forward to tomorrows training, dare I say this, but…..I’m looking forward to my run!!



Peace & Health Y'all
I’m also SUPER EXCITED that tomorrow I will lead the American Holistic Nurses Association Chicago (downtown) Chapter 1st meeting!!! I hope I can sleep!!


Peace,

T

No comments: