Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tri Stories: Peaceful Tuesday

Tri Stories: Peaceful Tuesday




I decided to take Jim’s yoga class today, followed by Fran’s spin class…..even though I really enjoy that combo, I also enjoy Tuesday spin a the club that is much closer to me…..uuuggghhh, I don’t get many days to really sleep in & I look forward to sleep in Tuesdays, by sleep in, I mean up no later than 07:30.…getting up at 05:30 get’s old, real quick….I get a little cranky if my sleep is not correct, yea, I don’t think I’ll be sticking with that combo, if I change swim and spin to Tuesday, then I can sleep in a bit longer and go to the club closer to me......Yup, that's what I'm going to do.....this is short term, because as the temps get warmer I'll be running and biking outdoors a lot more.....Yea!!





Unfortunately, I’m still on DA BUS more than the bike, temps have been all over the place, I don’t ride in the cold……my body does not like it, so I don’t’ do it anymore……..I’ll ride when temps even out around 50 degrees, but this 30’s and 40 degree temps, I don’t ride in that…….Uneventful bus ride, well, I’m sure there is a story to tell but nothing outstanding……..I really enjoy people watching, and there is no better place to people watch and create a story than on DA BUS!! You quickly realize that we are all the same within, just packaged different…..different, values, beliefs, lifestyles…..etc……At the core we usually share the same desire to give & receive love, peace, balance and harmony…..I find it interesting witnessing some of the roads taken to achieve that love, peace harmony & balance.



I enter class with a nice feelin’ of inner peace and harmony…..As I lay on my mat waiting for class to begin, I scan my entire body with my breath, all I could feel was peace…..I like that! Class began and Jim took us through a nice practice, mixing flow and holding asanas, I really enjoy that, actually I teach that way often. Lovely practice and nice way to start the day……..I forgot to pack my bike shorts today…..Uuuggghhh…..so I had to spin in my yoga pants, ugghh…….I was feeling so low key after my yoga practice, and carried that energy with me into spin class. I really enjoy Fran’s class, the energy in the room is HIGH, and she puts out such a vibe, that it makes you wanna GET IT IN! Really, so even though I was low key I had mad energy!! Her sequence included sprints, flat road fast, and a 10 min seated and standing climb……great, music and challenging  sequence, makes for a happy spinner!! I also love that she turns on those fluorescent & strobe lights, gives the studio a techno vibe…..It’s CrAzY!!!





I hit the steam bath after class, then head home to get some work done……Low vibe day, I like it, I trained well, excellent meditation & yoga practice……Spent some wonderful time with great friends this evening, and now I’m ready for sleep….Ahhh….Peaceful Tuesday!

Peace & Om
Y'all...






Peace

T

No comments: