Monday, April 4, 2011

Tri Stories: SOLID!!

Tri Stories: SOLID!!


Eka Pada Rajakapotasana variations (pigeon)



Great start to my training week….I was up for whatever today, just like last week after teaching my 07:00 am class my body requested mediation and yoga practice……I moved into 30 minutes of meditation and 60 minutes of a nice grounded personal practice…..consisting of Eka Pada variations , Trikonasana, Ardha Chandrasana, Virabhadrasana II, Parsvakonasans, Sarvangasana…….I flowed in and out of my asana practice with such breath awarness……lovely! I’m very honest about my favorite and least favorite asanas…..Eka Pada Rajakapotasana variations are my FAVE! I’ve been in the full variation a few times and, ummm, YUM! On the other hand Sarvangasana is my least favorite….Lol…..Keepin’ it REAL……At one time I avoided the asana all together, now I embrace it, and have a gentle love for the pose and all its benefits…..I looked  forward to sarvangasana this morning, I like that……about a 2 years ago I decided it was completely ok for this to be my least favorite asana, but it’s was NOT ok for me to be Sooooo attached to the dislike that I cheat myself and my students out of such a beautiful asana. I began incorporating it in to my personal practice regularly, then I added it to several sequences for my students……..The funny thing is, I watch my students receive the asana in various ways……each body responding to the asana in it’s unique way, guided by ones breath…….I dunno, after a while I just began to let go of my dislike and found beauty in the way my body displays the asana……no expectations, no judgment, just whatever…….Like I said it’s one of my least favorite asanas, but I love that  I practice and teach it with awarness, honorning all the wellness it provides for my body, mind, and spirit! I mean, how could I not!?!

Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)





Sarvangasana (shoulder stand) variation










I make my way to spin class after my yoga practice……Heather was back!! Yayyyyy!! She is never one to disappoint, we had a FAB spin class today! I absolutely love her 6 min seated climb in complete darkness (head time)……makes ya WORK! I always set a scene for myself, today I visualized I was peddling in the HOT sun up a STEEP hill, sweat dripping, quads burning begging me to stand up, all I could see was the peddles of the person in front of me, I follow there peddles to the top of the hill and we sprint down together… Yeah, I LOVE those HEAD TIME climbs ! Gives me inspiration…..Very nice strong sequence Heather put together, I was feeling good and energized after the spin…….I head up to get my run in!






climbing

I really wanted to get a swim in today, but I didn’t want to push it…..I think that may have taken me down last week….Lol….menowantarepeat! Soooo, I’mma chill with that for a min……I’m going to move my second swim day to Tuesday or Thursday, I don’t know……I’ll figure it out, I think doing the the swim, bike, run  every Monday was too much right now....... I’m going to do that once, maybe twice a month, but that’s it……Anywhoo, I hop on the treadmill and began my run…..Initially I planned on running for 45 minutes, but I was feeling good and just kept running, and about that 55 minute mark I started to get a bit fatigued, OH!! I should mention I was running at a NEW pace today!! YUP……I’m not going to share the actuall pace just yet, I wanna see if I can maintain it a few more 60 min runs……..I’m really tryin’ to get my mind, body and spirit right for transitioning this indoor running to outside running….(((shudder, shudder))) WORD, I’m really tryin’ not to attach to the "IM NOT LOOKING FORWARD to this" energy I have going on right now……yea, I’m workin’ on it….Lol…..part of that work is to build endurance, so I can handle those Chi-city winds when they come after me……Lol…..Chi-city winds……aintnojoke!!! I felt pretty suped after my solid strong run at this new pace today.....I’ll share it in a few weeks, once I’m consistently running for 60 minutes at this pace……

Eka Pada Rajakapotasana variations






After my brick swim & run, I chill in the steam bath for 20 minutes……I tend to arrive at the gym at the end of the morning rush and finish up at the end of soccer mom rush…….Lol…..so at this particular location (which I love) I usually have the steam room, showers & changing space all to myself!! I LOVE IT, I take my time chill out…. I’ll usually chat it up a bit with some of the moms that I’ve come to know, it’s short and sweet as they need to make it to the kid club on time to pick up their kids…..These clubs don’t entertain LATE CHILD PICKUPS!!! No how, no way…..there motto should be “come get yo kid on time!” cause if you don’t, they WILL come get you…..Lol….hilarious……but hey I can understand and respect that……



I left the gym feeling GREAT today! A nice solid meditation, yoga practice and training…SOLID!



Peace Y'all!


Peace,
T

No comments: