Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tri Stories: Let's Go April!!


Let's Go April!!
in Chi-city




Tri Stories: Let's  Go April!!


I’ve officially entered my FOURTH month of tri training…..Woooot, woot!!! (Rocky music playin’ in my head)!! I could have NOT entered April any better than this…..Saturdays training was the end of a great week of training and the beginning of another month!!  I'm looking forward to  taking my training runs and biking outdoors a bit......I'm just gonna need Mother Nature to help me out a bit with the weather!!
Ya, know warmer temps, sunshine, flowers, green....Farmers Markets.....I Need SPRING in Chi-City!!



After teaching my classes Saturday, I head out to get my workout on, I was feeling expectantly tired, nothing exhausting…..As we began our Ashtanga practice I immediately felt tightness being released. Stretching taking place…….Ahhhh, my medicine! We moved through a wonderful practice…..my body is in sheer delight with all of the variations of yoga I’ve been treating it to, as well as my cardio activity……YUP, the BOD is happy!! I had a ton of errands to run after traing and was lloking forward to a quiet evening getting some work done.....this was the Purrrfect start!


I'm ready for lost kites!


Spin was up next! I was ready for Dewitt’s strong challenging spin class, he had a new sequence today which included a lot of sprints….I really like sprints, so I was all about it…..I feel the burn in his class I like that, this is definitely my strength building class……LOVES IT! I had a nice balance of spin classes this week……Starting things off with James, ZEN spin on Monday…..to Fran’s FUNKY upbeat club style spin, mid week with Julies FUN spin and rounding all out with DeWitt’s STRONG spin……ILOVEIT! I had to kick it up a notch in Dewitt’s class today, even though I was ready for a rest, my body knew it was the end of the week, so it all meshed and I peddled STRONG to the finish.


One thing i know for sure, confirmed with my training schedule...There becomes a time when you can keep complaining or attaching negative thoughts to commitments and obligations or you can make the best out of each situation by finding a positive spin!! It may sound like common sense, but I know I’ve really worked on that,  I remember well, the feeling of constant negative attachment to people,  things and situations……NO FUN…..drags ya down, that’s how you become unhealthy, negative mental chatter, and poor lifestyle habits take the lead….creating a unhealthy me…..Nawwww, I don’t like that……Nawwww….So I chose to find the positive in every negative…..EVERY negative! I can honestly say, it ain’t easy all the time, but it challenges me to think, to breathe to relax and see the alternative options……..Basically, make mindful choices and rationales…..If I continue to complain excessively every time I must run or spin, it takes away for my positive tri experience……and.....well, that’s just not an option for me……so as quick as those thought arrive, about my training, I've learned and continue to practice taking a breath, acknowledge my feelings in the moment, move on…….AGAIN, I’m not sayin’ its easy to do, but believe me when I say, it’s worth the work!!  GROWTH.....it's a beautiful thang!

I'm ready for reading by the lake!






I chat with DeWitt a bit after class, then I head into the steam bath…..When things happen with me, I always need time to marinate on them….Lol…..but, really, I do…..I lay in that steam bath and replayed the events from Thursday’s community event in my head……my mind, body & heart smiled……I feel soooooo blessed within’ I’m able to do what I love! It’s almost like a movie, you work towards achieving your dreams, you visualize them ……then you begin living them out.....it all seems to happen so quickly……and when it’s over you can only hope you’ve captured the best memories……I feel so honored to be doing what I’m doing and can only continue to live the dream of educating the community on preventative health & wellness....helping to create healthier lives!!!



Well, I have my Monday training routine mentally set, but I’m not going to hold any attachment to it……instead I’ll pack my bag for everything….I’m gonna roll with the energy.....Lets Go April!!

I'm ready for FREE TOES!!
Peace & Spring Y'all






Peace,

T

No comments: