Monday, June 20, 2011

Tri Stories: Rushing…..Not good!


I needed this reminder today......
Tri Stories: Rushing…..Not good!

I start my day runnin’, up at 0600 am, I glance outside and the sky is showing signs of a thunderstorm at any moment. I knew it would be a passing thunderstorm, and I really wanted to ride my bike today, so I decide to get ahead of the storm…….rushing I toss my workout and post workout gear in my bag……spin, swim, etc……I arrive at the gym minutes before the storm, with 30 minutes left for me to sit in meditation.


Thunder in Chi-city....
After teaching my class I move into my personal yoga practice then head down to change up for swim…….DARN IT!! I open my bag and realize I did not pack my swimsuit…..Ugghhh, so not pleased in that moment, but I shake it off and decide to spin. I rush into the spin studio and to my delight James was subbing again, I shrug off my error and join in James FAB class, many of my locker room buddies were spinning today along with the regular spinners……EVERYONE LOVES when James subs! He’ll be back again next week too……Yayyyy! Oh, along with having no swimsuit, I also forgot my water bottle and a clean shirt for post shower (thankful I grabbed a light pullover before leaving home ), I never carry cash, and the vending machines don’t take debit cards…..I take a deep breath and decide lesson learned, SLOW DOWN!! Also I should have packed Sunday eve, instead of while brushing my teeth at 0605 am….Yup, lesson learned. I barley make it through class, and make a mad dash for the water fountain afterwards……Exhale & Keep it movin’ I say within’…………..
Water bottle in bag!! I really try
to avoid plastic....
Next up my run……I was a bit bummed because I really wanted to run outside, but the treadmill it was…….I run a 5K in 33 minutes, not bad but I wanna get that time between 25-30 minutes. I had a really good strong run, near the end I was very, very, thirsty but managed to finish strong! I hit the steam room, shower, then I’m out……..I will pack my bag tonight for tomorrow….ya can believe that!!

YUP!
Peace, Love & Slow Down
Y'all

Peace,
T

No comments: