Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tri Stories: The BEST training day to date!!

Tri Stories: The BEST training day to date!!


That's what it's all about.....Y'all!!




Happy Summer Solstice!!

The first day of summer has been a very good day for me……Up bright and early, I sit for meditation then move into my personal practice which consisted of asanas that would complement my swim, spin and run that would follow. I hit up the gym change into my swim gear & enter the pool, I wanted my swim to be the first thing on the agenda today…….I start off with some kick drills, my legs were feeling great, I think the bike ride to the gym was just enough to get the blood flowing and awaken my legs……after the kicks I reach for my swim gloves, and without a second thought I proceed to swim 14 laps without the use of POOL BOY!!! NICE!!! OK, so I thought about grabbing the pool boy after the first 4 laps, then I thought to myself WHY?!? It was like the attachment light bulb went off, “you don’t need it" is what I said within, I reached for it, but my hand would not take hold of it……I giggled a bit and repeated to myself “you don’t need it”, “you’re doin’ well without it”…..Ummmm, MAJOR! Now I’m not going to pretend it was all smooth sailing, it was very challenging, but not in the way I expected…….It was my endurance in the water that was weak……my kicks on point, my strokes, better than they had been, but my endurance…..Whew, I was slacking……I was able to swim 12 of the 14 without stopping mid way, but each time I reached the half I needed to stop for at least 45 seconds to catch my breath. I kept talkin’ myself out of stopping longer than that……I think the fact that I’ll be swimming with others on Thursday made me kick it up a notch. I made peace with the water and allowed myself to really enjoy the swim…..It felt AMAZING!!

YES, It's IM' POSSIBLE!

I think that’s my new plan just keep doing the laps, building up my endurance when I swim alone as well as adding in the tips I receive from the swim coaches!! My swim plan this week…..In the pool Thursday with Antoine, then back in on Friday by myself, that will give me three day’s in this week….I’m going to aim for a minimum of three day’s in until tri day……more if time permits…….GREAT SWIM TODAY!!!



After my swim, I jump in the shower to get all that chlorine out of my hair, lather it up with conditioner, then change into my spin gear……spin class was good today, spinning after a swim felt refreshing, even though my hair was wet, and I was sweating up a storm. I really focused on my resistance today challenging myself with heavier resistance on jumps and climbs……My quads & hams were lovin’ me! Funny my endurance while spinnin’ antiunion’ is a lot different than when swimming….I hang tight with spin and run, I wonder what that is all about…..Hummmmm?!?…..I’m gonna ask Antoine about that on Thursday.


In that order.....
After my swim I hit up the steam bath to chillax…..unfortunately two of the soccer moms decided to use the steam room as a place to gossip….Grrrrr…..I really DISLIKE when people gossip, it’s so NASTY & mean..….the thing that bothered me the most….they were talking about a family that was in the process of loosing their home. Ya, know it’s hard times for everyone, and to put someone’s business out in the open like that is just NASTY……..The sad thing is, just by the info they shared I realized I knew the family, I wondered if the other three women in there knew them as well. The kicker, the one dishing up all the details, (amount they owe, which bank has the house, AND the actual address), had the nerve to say to the other “oh, if you see her don’t mention that I said anything”……REALLY!?! I thought…..then she adds, “because I wouldn’t want her to think that everyone at the gym knew her business, and ya, know like we ‘re all talkin’ about her”…..WOW. Just WOW, I thought to myself……I pulled my towel a bit tighter sat up, slipped on my flip flops as I got a good look at her, then I gave her the side eye and a disgusted head shake and headed out of the steam room…..Ewwwww, GOSSIP is so GROSS! People DO get hurt!! Ewwwww!! In the locker room one of the other women said to me “that was disgusting” I agreed and headed in for my second shower, feeling like I really needed it.
GOSSIP......Is a waste of energy!
WORD Y'all



I decided to run to and from my evening class, which totaled 4.2 miles……I ran with a nice pace and ease……I was a bit concerned that I’d get caught in the predicted thunderstorms, so I packed some bus fare just incase…..I usually chit chat with my students after class, but not this evening, the clouds were rolling in as the sky darkened and the winds picked up, so I took off immediately after Ommmmm……..WORD!!
Such a true quote......




It actually felt so good running in the blowing wind, I could feel the drop in the temps, it was 88 when I headed out and I’d say temps were about 77 on my way back……..I enter my place DRIPPING in sweat and hit the shower for the third and final time today…….HUGE storm rolled in 30 minutes after I arrive home…I feel really, really GREAT this evening! I did not have a nap today so I’m looking forward to a good nights sleep and a day of recovery tomorrow……I wish every training day could feel as great as today!! YOGA, SWIM, BIKE, RUN……RECOVER!! #inthatorder…..
Peace, Love & Believe you WILL accomplish anything,
you want to accomplish
Y'all




Peace,

T






No comments: