Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tri Stories: Swim, bike, run!

Tri Stories: Swim, bike, run!

I Love the water


Yesterday was my day off, and I was completely wanting to train!! I felt like my day was missing something……I really LOVE the way I feel after training, I mean there is a certain inner strength that I feel when done, I feel alive and strong within, I feel GOOD!!





Today I was up and ready to hit the gym, I ended up going to a different location because I wanted to try out this particular spin instructor that I’ve heard about……..So I did a home yoga & meditation practice, including sun salutations, inversions and backbends & forward folds…..then I headed out…….I also teach at this gym so I knew I had to get there a bit early as they have you sign up for class (classes get that full!)….The studio is less than two years old and it’s NICE! Under each bike is nice padding to protect the floors from sweat dripping from bodies and the colors in the studio reminds me of taking a bike ride at dusk……As soon as I walked in I was feelin’ it…..I set up my bike and hop on. The teacher was AWESOME!! I loved the music and her sequence was challenging but in a very fun and creative way…….Music is a big factor in a class for me, and she did not disappoint…we started out with a nice climb and then some sprints to the sounds of The Ting, Tings “That’s Not My Name”…..I never heard this song before today and I love it!! By the middle of the song I was running & jumping singing “that’s not my name” (FUN!), we came down for a little recovery and moved into Madonna “Like A Prayer” , followed by a little Timberland “The Way We Are” the class was on FIYYYYA!! Then to top things off she played…….ready…..she played…..GEORGE MICHAEL “Gotta Have Faith!!” ….SERIOUSLY!…..I’m telling you everyone was killin’ it! I really like when a teacher of anything puts there own creativity and energy into what they do, it makes for a great learning and teaching environment……I will be back in that class….it is my new Thursday morning spin class!!





Non Violence

I was so pumped after class that I hoped on that treadmill and RAN!! I was a bit pressed for time but I ran 2.5 miles instead of the 1.5 mile that I had intended……I was in it! My quadriceps were feeling like lead, but my knees were feeling great.....I can tell when I’m running with awarness, it just feels good and my posture was good…..I like to feel my core involved when spinning & running...I could definitely feel my core in both today!! I’m really feeling the two rest days and how they fall in the week……I really wanted to train yesterday and missed it on Sunday, but I’m going to stay true to my rest days as they are needed ( respect the body )…..I don’t want to…..ya, know…..I’m not going to look for injuries! If I start getting all attached to the high of the training I will burn out in the long run, and more than likely create many negative feelings in my mind and soul. I’m practicing Ahimsa ( Ahimsa is a term meaning to do no harm ), and in this situation it’s no harm to my entire self…..mind, body and spirit…..I’m going to enjoy each day as it unfolds, bringing my best to each day and accepting the outcome (good or not) and learn and grow from them……..

I'm ready






I get in the pool tomorrow!!! YIKES!! I’m soooo ready, and excited, not nervous though…..I feel good about it……I love the water and I want to establish the same loving relationship while in it……I tend to get so overwhelmed once I actually begin to swim that I loose any awarness of the act of swimming and I just let panic take over……NOT tomorrow……I’ve meditated on this and I’m READY! Emily (friend & yogi) said “you’ll swim well” “you have good breath awarness”….I laughed, but then another student said the same thing…….Well, I’m going to use my breathing techniques tomorrow! I feel like such a kid on the first day of school……I’m very, very, excited to face and conquer this long term fear of mine…..Swim, Bike, Run =Triathlon !!



Peace,
T



Peace Y'all







No comments: