Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tri Stories: No NAP today….

Tri Stories: No NAP today….

YES I DO!!



I was up and movin’ today, NON STOP........now I’m VERY tired…….I usually get a nap in daily, it’s very much needed and good for me to reground and regroup……Not today, I was up 0700, sat for meditation and moved through my yoga practice, then I was out!! Heading to the gym to get my spin on, teach a couple classes,  run some errands that I could no longer put off and finally  arriving  home at 21:30......Can ya say TIRED!!



Spin class was exactly what I needed today, I was ready to peddle, again the weather here in Chi-city is all over the place, so even though I’d like to be consistent with my biking, Mother Nature is not ready to stabilize things yet…….The temps were in the low 40’s yesterday and the wind was out of control, today the sun was shinning, but lingering threats of rain hovered over the skies…..I needed a pick me up! and spin class did the job, FAB as usual with Julie! Today  we did a lot of jumps, seated & standing climbs also awesome  run intervals, which I love!! Wow, I’m really tired so y’all getting’ the REAL SHORT post tonight…..Lol…..Sorry I gotta be up by 0530 tomorrow….Anywhoo…..I left spin last week without getting my prize, when I walked into class this morning, Julie was right there with it….LOVE HER!! After class of course I chill in the steam bath, and mentally plan out the rest of my day, I was subbing for a teacher today so I had to criss cross all over the city, which can prove to be exhausting!!! The thing that make day’s like today all worth it……MY STUDENTS…..Every class I taught, including the class I  subbed, the students came in with crazy energy!! When I enter a class to teach, my outside world becomes just that, outside…..funny because it’s not something I think about, it just happens…..I love teaching and once I began, nothing else except the students and their needs cross my mind…..That’s the NURSE in me, I’m at peace when I know I’ve given each student what they came to class for, just like my patients……Someone recently called me a healer & yoga master {{Shudder}}…..Uugghhh…..I immediately corrected them, I’m no healer or yoga master, I’M a HEALTH & WELLNESS PROVIDER!!! I’m more than a YOGA TEACHER, I’m a REGISTERED NURSE , that provides HOLISTIC HEALTH & WELLNESS!!
That’s my passion and that’s my intention every time I teach a class or speak to clients, in a hospital, clinic, community center, studio…etc….I’m providing them with health benefits on and off the mat......As I teach, I teach from a Holistic Nursing perspective, with the intention of helping each person  create a healthier lifestyle, mind, body & spirit!  I'm not fond of titles, like Guru, Master, Healer......Nawww, nawww, that some EGO boosting talk, I aim to help you help yourself, that's all.....'cause believe me when I say, I'm helping myself  learn, heal & grow, all I do is share with others what I learn along the way.....I'm as human as the next person......no higher or lower than anyone else.....just me......WORD!



Oh, so I accidentally tossed my swim cap away Monday at the gym (mixed up in a bunch of towels), Ughhh...... so I made a trip to SA to get another, of course I didn’t stop at getting  the swim cap….Nooooo, I purchased some new head phones, a shirt, a dress and socks…oops....Gotta learn how to stay focused when shopping, Lol.... the dress was so not in the plan, but it’s SUPER CUTE, for a hot summery day,  I can’t wait to rock it! OK, I’m soooo tired and I’m babbling…..Gotta go to bed……Clearly, I can’t go without my daily nap!! Hasta Mañana & Happy Cinco de Mayo!! No celebrating for me…..I’ll take my bed instead……Zzzzzzz








Peace,

Peace, Love & Good Nights Sleep
Y'all

T





No comments: