Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tri Stories: DA Pool, DA Pool……


I was NOT smiling like this today....Lol...No Sirrrr
Tri Stories: DA Pool, DA Pool……

LAWD this is going to be a huge test for me…..Uggghhhhh!!! OK, so two weeks out of the pool has proven NOT  to be good for me……Uggghhhh….

I was up bright and early this morning, meditation sun salutations, then I’m off to the gym. I was so looking forward to getting back in the pool, I change with a quickness and I’m off, man it was kinda busy in the pool this morning, I’m thankful no one asked to share a lane with me ( just adds to the pressure)……I got in around 08:35 and at 09:00, they closed down two lanes for kiddie swim…..I swam to the swim instructor singing, “the wheels on the bus go round and round” FOR REAL!! Truth is I enjoyed it….Lol….Anyway, I started with my kickin’ drills, three laps, no prob, I was feeling good, then I moved in to upper body working on my actual strokes, WHEW, I was getting’ TIRED QUICK! I mean QUICK! I dunno, I got proper rest and everything so it bothered me a bit that I was becoming so fatigued……I must be doing something wrong. It was my intention to swim from end to end touch the wall and head back….Ummmm, Hummmm, NOT!!! I swear, I barley made it to one end , even then  I needed to HUG the wall and catch my breath……Grrrrr…..I don’t like this, I mean I’m supposed to be getting’ better not worse……SIGH……So I take a few mental moments and decide to back stroke for a few……meh, I did OK, until I swallowed a LARGE amount of water……I pull it together again, take a few breaths, let go of all the negative thoughts that were filling my mind. I almost got out and called it a day. Then I decided, to give it another shot…..I swim to one end touch and make it back mid way, I had to stop….I stopped, mumbled a bit and finished up the lap. As I made it back I grabbed onto the side of the pool and look up and see a student of mine David, lookin’ in, I wave and he opens the door and say’s “keep movin’ there’s no breaks in the tri” Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! DAVID!!! I make a fist at him and say I’m not doing so well today, he laughs and say’s “yea, I see, now keep movin‘”…..What happened to given a girl a lil' sympathy!! Lol…..I use David’s words as inspiration, (cause I’m determined like that) If ya challenge me, well, let’s just say IT’S ON!! As David heads into the locker room laughin’ I swim four more laps, with breaks and all, but I was NOT about to quit, my plan was to get half of my tri distance laps in, which equals 8 laps, and 8 laps I did, hearing David’s voice the entire time….HA! But, let me tell ya it took all I had and then some….WHEW……YUP, I’mma need to work on this……Yuppppp……Well 50 minutes later I hop out and head off to shower the chlorine off my skin, then  change into my spin gear……

Gettin' it in!! Spinnin' makes everything better!!




I let the whole swim experience go once I was out of the pool….I mean it is what it is and I know what needs to be done, so no use in attaching to it……Just gotta work on it!! I was in need of a good intense spin, and as per usual DeWitt tore it up! Ya know when the teacher is huffin’ the class is INTENSE and dude was huffin’ along with the rest of us…..ILOVEIT!! He has established quite a group of regulars at this location, I didn’t get a chance to count ( I was workin’ it) but the class was pretty full…..DeWitt’s classes are my most challenging spin classes, I mean they all provide intense workouts, but his classes really make me dig deep!! One thing I notice, spinning after a swim the body heats up quickly and the sweat just drips, like, hummmmm…..like, a long ride outdoors in the blazin’ hot sun, that I need a shower ASAP sweat…..Lol….for real!! I needed that spin today, my entire body appreciated it, especial my mental body…..after being so weak in the pool my strong spin made me feel better………Of course after spinning I hit the steam bath and chill, followed by a shower!

Hoop, Hoop....






















Tomorrow is my day off but I’m gonna get my hula hoop on in the AM in prep for my PM hula hoopin’ class, I really enjoy teaching this class it brings out so much laughter in us all……kinda like old friends getting together and letting go, letting the hips move and the laughter flow!! Good mental, physical and spiritual medicine!!


Peace,

T


Peac, Love & It is what it is.......Y'all

No comments: