Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tri Stories: May……

 
 Tri Stories: May……


Me, a year older....

I can’t believe were at the end of May……The month flew by!! Another month of training is coming to a end. I’m feeling GREAT! I can honestly say I’m more than ready for the bike portion of the tri, I’m even ready for the run, now I gotta handle this swim! I’ve kinda been mentally, physically & emotionally all over the place this month, and it has definitely affected my focus on the swim……..I mean it’s been two weeks since I’ve been in the pool, I know a part of me is intentionally putting it off, and no matter what reason I come up with for not swimming, I know it does not justify being out of the pool for two weeks…TRUTH……Ugghhhh, sooooo, I just gotta deal with it……..YUP……




Yup, gotta just do it.....

Friday’s training was good, I did not swim, I had a appointment immediately following my class……..I was hoping for good weather so I’d be able to ride my bike......NOPE.....cold, windy & rainy!! Anywhoo after teaching my 07:30 class I head off to get my mediation, yoga and run on………I’ve been feeling really good during my runs, I mean REALLY GOOD! I can’t wait to take it back outside, I’ve grown a real *like* for short runs, meaning anything under five miles. I can see myself runnin’  short distances long after this tri, and for me that is growth……‘cause after the marathon, I swore I’d never run again, and now I’m completely enjoying these short runs. Friday I ran 4.5 miles in 50 minutes = 11.11 min/mile….Ummm, OK NOW ME!!! I love to see progress in ANYTHING that I give my complete awareness to, I LOVE that feeling, it inspires me to keep going, I absolutely LOVE IT! I ran a flawless run on that treadmill, and felt great while doing it! After my run I decided to hit the steam bath & shower before my noon class, like I said I needed to dash immediately after class, but NO WAY was I going to skip my steam bath……not even a option….Lol…ya see, I need to be that passionate about swimming…Lol….in time, in time………I was able to get a nice meditation in after my shower, but no time for a pesonal practice…..I move through a personal practice at home later that evening, I needed to come down from all of the day's activities before heading out to dinner with friends……..



Yes, I AM!

Saturday I awake full of good energy, hoping the sun would come out NOPE, rain, cold, wind…….repeat…….I’m so over taking the CTA, not for any other reason than, it’s biking season dang nabit…….I wanna be on my BIKE DAILY!!! Enjoying the city as I peddle along, taking in the sounds, sights and smells……..well since I cannot ride, I decide to walk, I’m glad I did, I ended up walking just about 5 miles……Though I didn’t walk like I was workin’ it out, I did walk like I had some place to be…..Lol….hey, 5 miles is 5 miles……I also moved through a two hour yoga practice…….NICE…….I soooo needed that practice, it was nice to take it down a bit, I can’t say I’m 100% grounded, but I feel a bit less scattered……..I have the Holistic Nursing Conference this week, and for sure I’m up about that…….I mean, I’m really just beginning to wrap my brain around the fact that I’m speaking at this particular conference, ya see last year this time it was just a dream of mine, and now I'm about to live it out……and of course because I operate the way I do, I’ll spend the next three day’s presenting my presentation in the mirror.....Lol...... I checked out the roster and just about 700 attendees are scheduled be at this conference…..Not bad!! Today was my day off and tomorrow I’m hopping to get in a OUTDOOR brick…..I really hope the sun comes out, I need to soak up some ray’s!!



May has been a month of growth, & awareness, filled with challenges, excitements and disappointments.…It's been the BEST month of the year thus far!! I'm a year older, and happier.......ILIKETHAT!
Peace out May!

Peace,

Peace, Love & the month of May
Y'all

T






No comments: