Friday, April 22, 2011

Tri Stories: Just Keeping it real & Funky……


Rain drops keep fallin' on my.....
 Tri Stories: Just Keeping it real & Funky……






SIGH………I awoke to the sound of rain, not light rain or drizzle, straight up ha, ha,, ha, fooled ya RAIN & WIND!!! Seriously…..Ummm, happy earth day is all I could mutter, I get up walk to the window, watch the heavy rain fall for a moment or two, then turn around and climb back in bed pulling the covers over my head!! No, I’m not surprised, this is Chi-city and I’m wayyy used to this but it does not mean I gotta like it……..Mother Nature ya know I love and respect ya, but come on now, after beautiful yesterday you serve up this for today……….I quickly realize no matter how much I mumble about the weather I’ve gotta get up and get the day started.




Ella, ella, ella.....

I’m feeling good this morning, not tired, no hints of fatigue at all, I did not pack my gym bag last night so I head into the closet and gather my gear…..as I began to pack my bag, I think to myself I don’t wanna train today, NOPE, I really don’t want to train today!! I continue to pack, swim suit, running pants, running kicks, goggles, a change of clothes….etc……Grab my umbrella and I’m out, en route to my first class I sit on the bus watching and listening to the steady drops of rain…….sigh……I need some consistency in this weather……I arrive at the studio about 60 minutes early….wow, no traffic today….this particular location offers up beautiful east and west views of the cities skyline, I crank the heat to take the chill out of the room and sit for meditation……Ahhhh……I come out with 10 minutes to spare before class starts, students began to trickle in. After teaching this 07:30 class I head of to get my training in for the day, I stop by a favorite spot on the way and grab a morning beverage, you could feel the low energy in the city, happy but low energy……My timing was on point though, I walk up just as my train arrives, sitting on the train reading the Red Eye, I confirm my decision I’M NOT TRAINING TODAY!! A part of me wanted to resist my decision but, my mind was made up…….I don’t wanna, no reason, no forcing myself, I’m just not doing it……..I enter the locker room reach into my bag for my flip flops and prepare for the steam bath, Lol…..YUP, I enter the steam room at 10:15 and exit at 10:45!! Initially I’m in there alone, then one of the regular members I chat with comes in……I’m usually at the gym around *soccer mom” time, and though I’m no mom I chill and chat with the soccer moms on the reg…..Lol….Ya learn a lot from soccer moms!! Anywho we began chatting, she asks about my training, I tell her I’m blowing it off today…..we both laugh, “I hear ya I did that last week” she says, more laughter. I have not one ounce of guilt about blowing off today’s training, actually, I was proud of myself for honoring my true desire to just take a break without an excuse……It’s been four solid months of training, and the only time I’ve given myself a day off has been related to fatigue, I don’t think that’s cool!! Today I felt like I was playing hooky from class and it felt GOOD!!

She RULES!! YUP, I Got it!!



After my steam bath I lounge around chatting with some of the other moms that have entered the locker room, slowly changing into my yoga gear, laughing and giggling with the girls, “Happy Earth Day” I say to them all as I throw up the peace sign and head up to the studio, “happy Earth Day” they responded, enjoy your day off…..I walk pass the pool and the treadmills, not giving them a second though, entering the studio I walk into new mats!!! Yayyy! First class to use these new mats, Yayyyy! I sing & dance aloud as the guy’s delivering the mats laugh at my singing and dancing, “hey”, I say, “I’m easy to please, and new mats make a me happy!”…..Yayyyyyy! We all say…..Lol…..LOVEIT! They leave and I crank the heat and move into a simple personal practice, sun salutations, back bends core work, alternate nostril breathing and inversions……Ahhhh…..NICE, I think aloud as I prepare for savasana……I’m going to get out of here by one o'clock today I think within, as I let go……yayyyy, drifts through my mind once more!



It's goin' DOWN tonight!! Lol.....YUM!
I chat it up a bit with a student after class then head out!! I really did not want a repeat of last Friday, where I slept through my evening plans, that makes for a not so happy ME, and as much work and training time I’ve been putting in, I gotta start factoring some SERIOUS play time!! I came home thought about doing some work or even gettin' some laundry done, and as quick as those thoughts arrive, I dismiss them……NOPE! No extra today……I’ll get back into it tomorrow, EVERYONE needs PLAYTIME! I wanted to start my evening relaxed instead of rushing to get ready and ending up tired mid dinner because I was on go all day……NOPE!! I’m wearing my BRAT pants today (not to be confused with my BIG GIRL pants), and let’s just say I like the way they fit…..Lol……Hasta Mañana!! I’m off to PLAY for the evening…..AND I’m ordering dessert too, SO THERE!! Lol…………
Peace Love & Earth Day!
Y'all



Peace,

T

No comments: