Friday, March 18, 2011

Tri Stories: Runaway….


Yogatones
 Tri Stories: Runaway….



Such a GREAT training today!! I awoke feeling a bit sluggish& scattered….sat for meditation , moved into my yoga practice..….still I was left with lot’s of thoughts dancing in my mind……decisions, decisions, decisions…….I have this habit of putting tough decisions on the back burner, I’d like to believe its not intentional, but I know I’m fooling myself with that……..Like anything else in life, there comes a time when one must turn off the burner and make a decision! Without going into detail, I've been meditating on some tough things (non life threatening, just things)……Both are sure to create growth within me, one offers great money, the other offers great growth…….I’ve decided to go with the GROWTH!!



Yup
Arriving at the gym to begin my training for the day, my mind was still full of thoughts like…..ya sure about this…..what if…..why not….andsoonandsoon…..Ugggghhhh!!
As I change into my running gear I let the “I don’t feel like running” sneak up on me…..I quickly ignore the negative thoughts knowing at this point they are a waste of time and energy……I’M GONNA RUN……Lol….letting go!! Anywhoo, I step on the treadmill with scattered thoughts….it’s time like these I know music and only music will help me out…..I scan my Ipod….no, no, nope, no, no….not today…no….FINALLY I come across one of my favorite albums by underworld ~oblivion with bells~ I hit play and repeat, once I locate *Glam Bucket*  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i2gnoGdzRA I wanted to run, and I mean run, runaway from all that was clouding my brain, from the questions I kept asking myself within, I knew what my decision was and I wanted to be rid of the nagging what if’s that lingered……..I needed my rave music to set me FREE!!! I ran to this song on repeat for 65 minutes…..non stop full out running, no knee pain, the first time my feet landed on that treadmill to this beat I was gone……LITERALLY GONE…..I got lost in my imagination and visualized myself running through the forest on a bright sunny day, chasing the sun for a way out……Green trees, sun, green trees, sun…..to my left and right…..below my feet, leaves, mud, puddles, dirt……..I was running away from all the mind chatter, sticking to my decision to go for GROWTH and hold true to my ethics, verses making money and loosing myself in the material world……“NO, been there, done that I know the end result” I say to myself as sweat pours off every inch of my body….I crank up the treadmill and run faster, sweat, tears, sweat, tears, I can’t tell which is which as I reach for my towel to clear my vision…….I was no longer in the gym on the treadmill, I was out with Mother Nature seeking a way out of the chatter…..I will not get sucked back into living for the money….NO, NO, NO…..I RUN! I was in a running meditation……the treadmill shifted to cool down mode after 60 min.....I was not out of the forest yet, without realizing it my right thumb reaches for the button to keep my speed the same…..I RUN in this meditative trance as *Glam Bucket* plays in my ear for the 12th time….I can feel my heart beating, I can hear my breath moving, I taste the salty sweat and  tear mixture as I lick my lips……I wanted to keep running....my body yelled out  ENOUGH! I stop……..my heart rate was at 180, I just stood there watching it drop as I stood on the edges of the treadmill…….I stood there for three minutes, just standing, panting, sweating…….my heart rate reaches 153, I reach for my water and guzzle ½ bottle down, still in a state of disconnect from the forest and the gym……..144.….133.…128 is when I snap back, I look around as if I were really outside……quickly realizing I was in the gym and I had run myself into a trance……..IT FELT AMAZING!! AMAZING!!

Running is changing me....who knew!


Growth, self awareness, living my dream, letting go of ANY FEARS!! I know one thing for sure…..If you want something and you put it out into the universe….the universe will conspire to grant you your desires…..BUT…..you MUST, be willing to let go, trust in GOD, trust in yourself......know the road will not be smooth……believe you’re bright enough to make the right choices……and if the material world is knock, knock, knocking at your door with all its material items…..well……sometimes ya just gotta RUNAWAY for peace & clarity..... live your dream the way YOU see it!! I had to RUNAWAY from temptation today………I feel FREE, and I’m 100% clear and comfortable with my decisions…….I like money, I like luxury……but I LOVE ME MORE, and my dream is so real that I can taste it, it taste better than any material item I’ve ever come in contact with………..KEEP IT REAL & KEEP IT FUNKY!!! That’s my motto for ME!






I'm in LOVE with swimming!

I teach my noon class feeling so much lighter, I called today’s practice YOGIS CHOICE…..I ask the class what they wanted and I gave it to them, the energy in the room was ELECTRIFYING!! After the class I chat it up a bit with some of my students, then I head down to the pool for my swim…….I’m in a zone….I get right to swimming, focusing on not stopping so often for breaks….gotta get STRONGER……I swim from 3.0-4.6ft NO BREAKS….then from 5.0ft-4.1ft NO BREAKS…..When I let go and get it done with focus and intention I GETS IT DONE!!! At one point I was tiring out, so I made a deal with myself “two more laps and your out” I focused on my breath & stroke and the last two laps were as smooth as BUTTA’ (wink, wink)……Quick dip in the hot tub, then it’s……WHAT…….STEAM BATH TIMMMMMEEEE!!!! Oooooohhhh I LET GO and CHILL…..CHILL…..CHILL…..mind chatter a thing of the past….I got this, I got me, I’m aware of what I want to accomplish and I will not sacrifice my ethics for money…..NOPE!!


Sam I Am....
So, this week (and others), but more than usual this week, I received sooo many inbox messages, from folks who said things like “you’re such a inspiration to me”, “I love reading your blog”, ‘Thanks for sharing your story”, “your smile is like sunshine”, “I’m tryin’ to get like you”, “you’re super fit”………and so on, and so on…….these words have come from males & females……….To each one of you I say Thank you for your kind words…..YOU are my inspiration!! We all struggle with ourselves in life, I’ve just chosen to share a bit of myself with the world, there is so much more to me than what I write…..I have the same need for inspiration and guidance as you do...... all the kind words you share with me is more inspiration than each one of you can ever imagine!! I never thought training for this triathlon would lead me here, I never imagined I’d learn Sooooooo much about myself by swimming, running, and biking….Lol….Seriously……One thing I do know, if I’m providing anyone with inspiration, let it be the inspiration to live a HEALTHY LIFE…..no temporary fixes, no “summer is coming” changes, no fad diets, no killin’ yourself to be thin…..NO, NO, NO……LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!! This is no temporary fix for me…..this is my lifestyle change……I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I WILL NEVER DISRESPECT MY BODY as I’ve done in the past NEVER!! Granted we’re human and we have human cravings so I eat what I desire even if it’s a guilty pleasure, it’s all about moderation, balance, peace, love and respect of myself…I want to live my life not restrict it…….That’s just ME!!

Always wear a smile......It's a GOOD LOOK on ANYONE!
Peace & Love Y'all!
Up next PLAY TIME!!! Yeaaaaa…….So I’m heading out with a few friends to my very first Burlesque show!!! My friend emailed me today and he said “audience participation is required”!! My response “I’m DOWN!!!” LOL……Let the FUN begin!!!



Peace,

T


No comments: