Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tri Stories: Oh Hatha & Ashtanga how I love thy!!

 
Levitate yourself....Practice YOGA!
Tri Stories: Oh Hatha & Ashtanga how I love thy!!

Saturday training was much needed……..After teaching two classes, I head off for my training…….First up my Ashtanga practice with Mary followed by spinning with DeWitt, and steam bath!


I can’t say enough about the benefits of yoga for ones overall health and wellness...The one thing I know for sure, there is NO WAY I’d feel this amazing while training for the triathlon without my regular Hatha and Ashtanga yoga practices!! I love both styles as each provides what my mind, body & spirit needs……My Hatha practice allows me to work on strength & flexibility while holding postures as well as being one with my breath, utilizing my breath to create balance and peace within…..I also find my Hatha practices deepens my meditation practice……With my Ashtanga practice my body longer, leaner….its like stretching the body in many different areas creating space and opens, areas that get REALLY TIGHT after running and biking….For ME the combination of the two is the best non medicine….medicine I could ever want!!




Mary is an EXCELLENT teacher, her style and energy reminds me a lot of myself, perhaps that’s why we routinely take each others classes. After class yesterday I was feeling BRAND NEW! I trained hard last week and after the 15 mile bike ride I could feel my hips getting tight, but once I completed my personal practice and Mary’s full Ashtanga series yesterday, all was GOOD! I’m ready for my swim, bike, run tomorrow……Mary and I laugh yesterday as I share the story of one of my students…..Friday after class a dear student of mine say’s “Toni I was so tired today, but I had to come to CHURCH” (meaning my class), Lol…..I shared that with Mary as I thanked her for my, MEDICINE yesterday….Lol…..That’s what it felt like, like some real good medicine…….I LOVE YOGA for those reasons as well as many others, different styles and different teaching styles provide individuals EXACTLY what they need!! People often ask me my opinions on different styles of yoga, my response is always the same “give different styles and teachers a try”……“Just as each class with me is different practice to practice, so are different styles & teachers” That’s the beauty of the practice……I encourage all of my students to practice different styles and teachers!!! KEEP GROWING!!



Feeling all fixed up after Mary’s fantastic class, I head into the spin studio……DeWitt was still a bit under the weather and unable to ride with us, but that did not stop him from giving us a very challenging class. I could hear and see that he was a bit under the weather, but was impressed with his commitment to teach as strong as he did!!! After class I offer him some natural remedies that will provide him with relief……I need him well!! Post spinning I head into the steam bath and relax….all of the build up of tightness from the weeks training seem to melt away after my yoga & spin classes……I’m completely enjoying this tri training……completely!! I hope to get a bike ride outside this week (weather permitting), I may also……dare I say it……RUN OUTSIDE……Ugghhh….I gotta address it sooner or later so, I opt for sooner…..we shall see!!

Yoga postures




Oh…..I had a BLAST at the Burlesque show Friday….tee-hee….and, um, YUP, I got called up on STAGE! Lol……I was Soooooo over dressed!! Peeps came up to me after the show and commented that I did a awesome job, I tell ya I was really born to perform on Broadway! SERIOUSLY…..who knows, the way I‘m following my dreams I may just end up there!!…..What did I do you may ask?!…..I…..well….I…..assisted with a MAGIC TRICK (wink, wink)….Lol! FUN!!!

Peace, Love & Yoga Y'all....




Peace,

T








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this site is really nice.



Feel free to visit my weblog: Hatha Budapest