Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tri Stories- Cold

Tri Stories- Cold


Cold in Chi-city



The cold temps in Chi-city, will not slow me down!! We’ve been experiencing some of the coldest weather, I use it as inspiration to get out and get moving…I was able to sleep in a bit today, got up around 07:30 meditation, yoga practice , consisting of sun salutations and some breath work, then I head out to my 09:30 spinning class……..It was -6 degrees when I headed out with a -22 wind gust this morning….this called for my Eskimo gear…….long ankle length puffy coat, black furry snow boot and winter hat & ear muffs!! One of those days where the brim on my hat met the top rim of my glasses and my scarf met the bottom rim….Lol…..only thing showing were my eyes behind my tinted glasses……YESSS SIR it’s CcccOLD in Chi-city! One thing I really enjoy about the city, folks will mumble grumble and complain about the weather here, but we all manage to troop it out, and for the most part with smiles on our faces……





I enter the gym and sign up for my spin bike, I can’t believe the sign up sheet is almost full…..I think there are just about 35-40 bikes in here!! As I enter the spin studio I could feel the energy in the room…..a bunch of frozen spinners looking to thaw out and ride hard…….Julie, the spin teacher starts us of with one of my favorite training songs (for the moment) *Who’s that Chick* followed by Ricky Martin *Bailamos* and CeCe Peniston *Finally*……NICE……lately she has been taking us on course rides…..I like!! Today’s course was full of fast runs and sitting sprints with light to heavy resistance standing climbs, and 30 second jumps!! I had excellent spinners on either side of me, in all honesty the whole class was spinning hard today, my favorite spinners were in class…ol’G and my usual guy partner, though he was in front of me today I was still riding with his energy!! Today’s trivia question went un answered, I can’t remember the song to share with you but I know it had something to do with being a American girl ( I knew the song not the artist) I missed the answer, because it was followed by Black Eyed Peas *Imma Be* and I was GONE! Zoned out and spinning!!


Sunny skies in Chi-city




After class I head into the steam bath, I sat in there and relaxed……this week has been so much better than last week. I think about my training while I’m in there and I feel sooo proud of myself and at the same time question why I was not utilizing all these amenities long ago….It’s easy at times to not exercise regularly finding excuses such as the weather, minor fatigue, achy (not injured) body part….anything to keep us from getting’ it in and getting’ it done! I LOVE the way my overall health and wellness have and continue to improve……consistent exercise is my lifetime prescription, I will NEVER go back to not consistently working out…..I met up with a friend today who mentioned they could see a overall change in me, not weight only, but in ME……my smile, energy, and peace…..I feel amazing!! Everyone has there share of concerns and not so great days including me, I just find that I do what I can to change the situations and the rest I let go…….meditation, yoga and cardio movement combined, on a regular bases are creating significant life changes for me…..I don’t know……I like meditating on the things I have no control of instead of getting stressed, or upset…..I’m finding this positive internal approach is creating positive external results!!



I move from the steam room to the FAB shower (second shower in three hours)! I’m so addicted to these showers at this particular location, I took a shower before leaving home but could not resist the double head full jet shower here….followed by a private changing room, with full length wide mirror…..I mean, yea I have a wide and a full length mirror at home…..BUT not a combo wide and full…a women’s dream!!
No room in my life for NEGATIVITY.....move along!



Oh, just for laughs, I’ll share this…….I decide to wear a straight up *DO RAG* on my head this morning….I wanted my twist to stay long and flat instead of shrinking up with the sweat ( I had some place to be later)……Anyway, I walk into the spin studio with my do rag on and I catch these two girlies giving each other the “OH, NO SHE DIDN’T” look….Lol….Yup, I caught them!! Me being me, I turn my top lip up, side eye them (with a slight smile…very slight), and give them the “OH, YES I DID” look……Lol……I don’t do beauty for the gym, I do convenience!…..in the gym I’m about getting’ it IN, PERIOD!!! I save the cuteness for my out of gym and non teaching time……Focus, people, focus!! They felt me cause I heard them giggle like ooops “we got caught”……Lol…..gotta love superficial peeps…..NOT!!



I’m not swimming tomorrow as I have a packed schedule, so I’m going to run and then Saturday, I’m going to do a brick……John and I will meet up next week……I’m loving Chicago, winter, the cold temps, are not so bad when the sun is shining and I’m able to walk along singing to my Itunes, getting’ lost in my imagination letting’ myself move with the city as I walk along with an internal feeling of peace and love, for the beauty of my imperfect life!!



Peace, Love & Music Y'all....

Peace,
T

No comments: