Monday, January 10, 2011

Tri-Stories: Monday, Monday…..

Tri-Stories: Monday, Monday…..



Plow with variation



Well after such a relaxing Sunday, I was looking forward to hitting the gym this morning. I slept 12 straight hours Saturday into Sunday!! Clearly I needed the rest……awoke late Sunday morning and spent the entire day chillin’! I cooked, danced, meditated & read…..I will not do to myself what I did last week, nope, I’m going to get proper rest at night…..BUT I still may take a nap (some things are necessary). Anywho I was up and after meditation headed out to teach my first class……Let me just say….I LOVE what I do! I’ve met some really wonderful people, the husband of the couple I spoke about over the weekend (they became new parents), came to class today and mentioned that his wife told him I was in training for the tri, and the first word out of his mouth were "you will do great!" (smiles). He also offered to help me out if needed as he has completed a few tri’s himself…..it’s this outpouring of support that keeps me motivated!

Entering Plow




Plow with variation

After my class I move through my personal practice…..usual sun salutations to start out and then I moved into some floor work beginning with Hero pose (virasana), into seated staff pose (dandasana ), seated forward bend (paschimottanasana) all in prep for my bike ride helping to stretch quads, hamstrings, lengthening the spine….then I moved in to plow pose (halasana), finished my floor work off with splits (hanuman asana)….I was ready to move into my final resting pose but had the sudden desire to move into half moon pose (Ardha Chandrasana), glad I did!! My body and breath loved and needed it (must listen to what the body desires!). My ego was definitely NOT in the gym with me today! I was feeling AWESOME as I entered the spinning studio, psyched because my favorite teacher was there and per usual took us on a fantastic ride…..Justin Timberlake’s Cry Me A River took us thru run’s and my girl Eve, took us up a long hill and back with Let Me Blow Your Mind……Not to mention Jay-Z & Usher with Hot Tottie kicking things off! FABULOUS RIDE! No Steam room today, as I was hungry and wanted to get some food…….Once I arrived home I made myself a spinach and goat feta cheese omelet….um, YUM!! I try to stay away from dairy especially cow’s milk because of my eczema, so I use goats milk cheese instead (delicious!)


Half Moon with variation


I have one more class to teach this evening, which I’m looking forward to, this is one of my favorite classes to teach.....this class is a solid group that have been with me for over a year and they always bring FANTASTIC energy! Also this group and I started monthly yoga & wine outings, and tonight is our wine night!! I love that in this gym we have managed to create a group of yogis that have established a community within a community as we all get to know a little more about each other and establish new friendships ( beauty of yoga)



Well, I ‘m still waiting for feedback on the exact group I will be raising money for and I will let you know as soon as I’m 100 %……Again my students are waiting to hear as each have expressed great interest in supporting me on this……I’m so grateful for the beautiful people in my life……I know I say it often…..and I will continue to do so…..I knew NO ONE when I moved here, and have since been blessed with some beautiful souls! I don’t take that lightly and I tend to get a bit emotional when I think about all the love and support that has come my way……Blessings, blessings, blessings!!


Oh......I get in the pool Friday!! OMG!! Can't wait!!



Half Moon
 Peace,

T

No comments: