Friday, January 29, 2010

And no one can deny it!

The best six doctors anywhere ~And no one can deny it ~Are sunshine, water, rest, and air ~Exercise and diet. ~These six will gladly you attend ~If only you are willing. ~Your mind they'll ease ~Your will they'll mend ~And charge you not a shilling. --Anonymous nursery rhyme set to the tune of "Yankee Doodle", as quoted in School Life, 1920,




I came across this quote on a friends page and immediately it caught my attention. This was the exact Rx I gave myself yesterday, after waking up feeling.....Eh.....I decided to walk to my noon class....It was 12 degrees in Chicago yesterday, I bundled up, grabbed my water bottle and headed out. It took about 1/2 mile before the COLD really kicked in and when it did, whew! But the sun was shinning so bright that I lost the attachment to the cold and just really enjoyed the walk, I love to people watch, you see some interesting things....The folks who walk along looking down at the ground, and always seem to look up just before bumping into some one..........The men downtown selling the paper, giving you a full weatherman, weather report...Lol..."Its 15 degrees ...Wind chill readings 7 below zero" Its hilarious! And then there are the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority ) runners! I actually fit into this group on any given day......We see our bus coming or hear "the in/outbound train for the...... is arriving shortly" Oh, at all cost its on! full blown running!! Hands in the air to get the bus drivers attention......giving the stop sign with your hand to on coming cars, as you point at the bus across the street, or my least favorite taking the train steps two at a time so you catch that train....Lol! Just writing these things a day later makes me smile......I find  intentionally absorbing all this helps relax the mind, even when the cab drivers act as if they never get a red light, and come inches from running me over, turning left, right, wherever on red.......


After teaching my class I hung out in the studio and had a awesome practice, I love the peace in the studio......so calming. As I left Trump I was feeling great! The sun seemed to be shining brighter and I was feeling very light and balanced....It was still very cold, but I had slipped into a walking meditation and let go of the attachment to the cold and all I could feel was the warmth of the sun.......Arrived home had a nice lunch with some peppermint tea, and too many dark chocolate chip almond cookies....Lol!! and a short nap, I awoke feeling brand new!


So you can imagine how I was feeling when I came upon the quote........
Sun.....Check!
Water......Check
Air.....Check

Rest......Check
Diet.....Check

Exercise....Check
Total Cost.........$0.00

The BEST Health Care money can't  buy! Ahhhhhh

Peace

No comments: