Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tri Stories: What a week……


Ummm, this look is why I
get my sleep in!!
NOT a good look....Lol..
 Tri Stories: What a week…


Ok, so such a active week……well, truth be told I finally began taking care of things that have been on my to do list, and that coupled with my training schedule has a sista on GO!!



Friday after a 10 mile bike ride I hit up the gym to get my swim in. Very good swim training day, my legs were feeling pretty good after the bike ride so I start off with some kicking drills, three uneventful laps. Then I move into my upper body work using my swim gloves……..I really love these gloves, I’m using them to help me build upper body strength, and I gotta say I can see and feel a difference in my upper body!! So I swim three laps with the pool boy and gloves, then four laps with just the gloves, this is where I noticed my legs the most, my kicks were keeping up with my strokes, and my breathing was on point!! Then I swim four laps without anything…..Umm, Woot woot! This is a BIG DEAL Y'ALL!! I notice…..ENDURANCE is what I need more of in the water, ‘cause swimming is exhausting, though I’m getting better at swimming ½ lap touch and turn around (without resting), by mid way at the turnaround I’m fatigued, even breast stroking is difficult at that point….. I’m aware of my weaknesses, so I’m gonna keep working on it.


Thankful for my yoga practice.....It keeps me going



Monday I’m going in with the women’s tri swim group, then Thursday I’m going to check out Antoine’s class……also, I’m really going to try and add another pool day, but I have way to much Yogatones work to get done……My plate is full and I need to get back some balance, I don’t like feeling this rattled energy that I’ve been giving off. I made this a working weekend because in order to grow Yogatones where I intend for it to be I gotta put some more time into the biz……Uggghhhh, I’m aware that I've been procrastinating a tiny bit......it all begins with awareness…right!?! SIGH….After my swim I move into a nice yoga practice ( very thankful for my yoga practice!) then  I teach a class, hit the steam room, shower, cancel my evening plans and I’m cold knocked out by 6:30 pm……Hooty hooot, I party like a rock star…NOT!! Lol…..It’s all good though ‘cause dedication and determination = positive results, and the truth of the matter, I wouldn’t have it any other way!!



Today I did a short 6 mile bike ride & a private ashtanga practice……NICE!! Then I hit up the library to get some work done……YUP, I canceled plans for this evening as well……I have a date at 11:00 pm……with my BED…....YUP! #worknowplaylater
Peace, Love & Rest
Y'all



Peace,

T

No comments: