Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tri Stories: Cravin' a run!?!

Tri Stories: Cravin' a run!?!

'cause I'm feelin' all SUNSHINEY today!!


Ok, Sooooo........this is where my computer died on me, last week......Ugghhhhhh!!! Welll, not my actual computer but the power adapter, and of course I have a Dell.....Ugghhhh, AND you can only get replacement parts via SNAIL MAIL!! I'm not sure why I purchased a Dell, I've been down this road before with them.....Live and learn I guess.....Oh, wells, I'm using the computer room in my building.....ICK! I'm also using this time to fall back from the computer and facebook.....I'm a big believer in karma, so clearly I needed this karmic intervention from the computer....Lol....Seriously though, I have so many uncompleted task, that I need to focus on,  also the weather has been awesome so I'm gonna spend more work time at outdoor cafes.....Summer in Chi-city.....YUM!

I'm gonna do my best to catch up........Last Thursday I was cravin' a run....hence the title of this post......It was a strong craving, I was preparing for the Holistic Nursing conference (later post about that) and had a bunch of other obligations scattering in my thoughts.......I needed a release, and a run seem like the perfect fix..........I hit the treadmill instead of spinning.......I ran a nice 5 mile run, which I enjoyed every bit of!!  I had a nice pace and rhythm going, my ipod was on point and my knees were feelin' great.........I let go of so much on that run and followed it up with a nice personal yoga practice.......NICE!!




Ummm...It's not about fallin' down....It's about ya gettin' back up!
LoL....Yea, that sounds right.....tee-hee
Oh, gotta share the good, bad & ugly with y'all........I'm gonna call this bad, ugly & funny.......So I started riding my bike with my spin shoes on last week, well Wednesday evening I was peddling with a pack of peeps......it was the after work crowd I got caught up in......Anywhoo, well. we all approached a stop light and I was not clipped in on my left foot still clipped in on the right, I approach the stop light and come to a complete stop......then BAM!! I fell off my bike still clipped in on the right foot.....yea, then my bike falls on me..... the light turns green & I'm laid out in front of this dudes jaguar....YUuuuuP......two people help me up, gosh, I usually dont' get embarrassed about stuff like that, but, um, yea, this was WAYYY EMBARRASSING!! OK, so I get up and everyone is like "are you OK?" I could tell they wanted to crack up.....I say yes.......but really..NOT.....my right knee bleeding, left shin bleeding, as well as my left upper thigh........HELLLZzzz NO I'm not OK, it hurts and I'm bleeding!! But I say yes hop on and begin peddling with the pack......I happen to glance over at this one dude that was standing on the corner and watched the whole thing go down.....Ummm, why was he HARD CORE laughing at me?!?.....LOL....All I could do was bust out and laugh with him at that point.....because truth be told, if the shoe was on the other foot and I saw dude was A OK, I would have laughed too.....My fall was EPIC!!  It was actually nice to laugh about it, kindda made me forget about the throbbing pain in both legs.........

Ok, so I'm gonna blogg these past few days  in a few sittings.....I'm kinda bummed because I have some great pictures from the community event I participated in last Wednesday, but they're downloaded in my computer....so, I'll share them at another time.  The event was really great, I love community work.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!


Peace, Love, Get up and Keep it movin' with a SMILE,
Y'all
Peace,
T

No comments: