Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tri Stories: 100th Blog Post!!

 Tri Stories: 100th Blog Post!!

Woot, Woooot!!! Wow, I can’t believe I’ve reached 100 post, makes me smile!!

My presentation topic 04/19/2011




So yesterday was simply WONDERFUL!! I absolutely LOVE sharing preventative health & wellness with others, and especially when the others consist of my nursing colleagues! I was up nice and early moved into meditation followed by a personal practice, topping things off with oatmeal for breakfast. I was at complete peace, one thing I notice when I’m scheduled to speak at events, I’m NEVER nervous, just ready to share the word……..I head over to pick up my car from the car sharing location and I’m off....I leave with more than enough time to spare, take one more check, lap top check! USB
flash drive (just incase) check! Note cards check! Camera checkity, check, check….check, check!!




Me heading out to Nursing Career Fair

I sing at the top of my lungs the entire ride, really that’s the only thing I miss about driving……scanning the stations and singing along, Lol… I arrive at Drury Lane with more than enough time to spare, change shoes and head up to speaker registration…..I immediately notice the place is PACKED…..ILOVEIT…..I find my contact Eileen who was a pure delight, as we head into the auditorium memories of last time I was here began to fill my heart. I set up my computer chat with Eileen, (who’d introduce me), going over my bio, then I get mic’d up, plug in my computer, then.....RUT ROH!!! My computer was not responding…..yikes!!  I maintain my cool…..dude that mic’d me up came back on stage trying to figure out the problem no luck, I’m a bit confused as I’d just finishing using my computer at home……Grrrr……no time to have a moment, so I jump into plan B mode, “I have the power point on a flash drive, if you have another lap top” I offer up….”let me get the audio guy down here” he responds, I stand there and breathe staying grounded, as people began to fill the auditorium. Another AV guy appears with a different cord for my computer and just like that I’m up and running!!!


The auditorium I presented in  Drury Lane.....NICE!
I listen as Eileen introduces me, smiling at my own bio….tee-hee…well, I was......I began by asking if anyone in the audience had attended my presentation last year, just about 20 hands went up….Yayyy! If I had to guess I’d say there were about 100 nurses in there……I began my presentation by sharing my personal story *from bedside nursing to yoga & wellness* I immediately sensed the interest in the auditorium, I walk the stage looking directly into the sea of beautiful faces as I speak……student nurses, new grads, male nurses, female nurses, senior nurses…..nurses, nurses, nurses, everywhere I looked…..I was feeling GOOD!! Moving into the breathing part of the presentation I watched as everyone joined in closing their eyes grounding with there breath…….simply WONDERFUL!!




I keep all these things in a special place......GROWTH!!

After my presentation, I was overwhelmed with the amount of nurses that approached me for more information….LOVELY…..The best part, as I shake hands, hug and give out my business cards I spot two of my former colleagues in the line that had formed….OMG!! One from Rush Hospital where I worked in the New Born Intensive Care Unit (NBICU) and the other from University Of Chicago, where I worked in the Pediatric Emergency Room…..Both expressed they’d seen the advertisements announcing my presentation and wanted to come check me out……I WAS Sooooo touched by that, not to mention these were well seasoned nurses, probably in the field 30-35 years or more each! My heart was smiling, they commented on how much they enjoyed my presentation as we shared long hugs, I swear my eyes began to well up…..I had to pull it together real quick….Lol…..As the last nurse trickled out, I stood there feeling great…….I like this, I say to myself, then I quickly change it to a I LOVE this!! I feel so in my element when I’m speaking at events, like it’s EXACTLY what I’m supposed to be doing, never nervous, always ready to share what I know and answer all and any questions……..Honestly, I REALLY LOVE being on stage…..Well, I DO…..I’m GOOD…..Nawwwww, I’m GREAT at it!! I’m not afraid to say what I’m great at and this is one thing I’m great at…….I’m going to start marketing myself for events……SOOOOOOO Blog readers, If ya need a Speaker at ANY event, Health, wellness, retreats, seminars…..mistress of ceremonies, MC……YOGATONES is your lady!! Call me you will not be disappointed!! Heyyyy if I keep my mouth shut I will never get the offers!!!  Call ME~





I cruise back into the city, happy, smiling, and reflecting............Though the weather in Chi-city was rainy, windy, and cold….I felt like the sun was shining down on me as I sang my way back into the city………Today I wanted to get some type of cardio in, so after my 0700 class I Hula Hoop for 60 minutes STRAIGHT!! No stopping just hooping, I was sweating like a mad woman when done…..I always feel a bit giddy after hooping and energized, I leave the studio and head off to my 11:00 am class……Even though it’s cloudy in Chi-city today, I’m WALKING ON SUNSHINE! And it feels GOOD!!




Peace, Love & Health......Y'all!

Peace,

T

No comments: