Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tri Stories: Stir Crazy!!

Tri Stories: Stir Crazy!!


Yogatones being silly





I think all of this training is makin’ me nuts….Lol!! Long Saturday, up at 07:30.….meditation, then off to teach! After my classes I head off to get my training done…..Two hour Ashtanga class followed by spin class and steam bath…….done by 5:30 pm……LONG DAY!



All I do is spend time in a fitness center of some sort, and I’mma goin’’ STIR CRAZY!! I can’t complain because the benefits of all this training are paying off……I look and feel healthier, I look forward to my classes, and its completely uplifting……Still anything that is this redundant makes me stir crazy……YUP, A.D.D that’s me! Even as a young child, I was never one to stay in routine, I need change or I get antsy…….Hummm….I’m going change things up a bit…….thinking……….still thinking……..Hummm…….I’ll figure it out……

Humm.....




Mary was not teaching yesterday, Nancy was her sub……I quickly thought about not going because Mary was off, then I thought “meh, try someone new” Nancy got the job done, great practice today, my body is loving the add on of Ashtanga, class to the mix…..There are a handful of poses that I’ve been working on alone, and it was really nice to move into the poses yesterday, noting the strength and flexibility I’d created….Yayyyy!! Granted there are a handful more that I can’t physically, or mentally get into, I’ll continue to work on them…..that’s the beauty of yoga always something new to learn, no pose is EVER perfect, where you are in one pose, you can always go deeper, add variations….etc….Love it! Prime example, last week I moved into tortoise pose with ease, this week the body said no, no, no, so I let it go, go, go…….Lol……You learn so much about yourself with practice, when to back off and when to push forward….I was feeling awesome after getting into the pose last week, I’ve worked on that pose for a bit, so it was nice to go into the full pose…..It was just as nice to back off this week, when my body spoke, gently reminding me to leave the ego alone….. SO much more to YOGA than how deep I can get into a pose, how long I can hold a pose, or how strong & flexible I am....... Sooooooo much more!!

Stages into tortoise pose
(Kurmasana )




COME GET SOME Y’ALL……..I KNOW YA HEAR ME AND I KNOW YOU WANT TO Soooooo COME GET YOUR YOGA ON!!






Full Kurmasana (tortoise pose)

Spin class afterwards was GREAT, full class DeWitt teaching, mic still not working well but he WORKED THAT ROOM!! Spinning to Adele *Rolling Deep* NICE…..and many other favorite  tunes of mine…..Spinning is so much fun especially when you have a full class, a good teacher & good music, we had all three yesterday! And of course after spin STEAM BATH TIME!! I stayed in for 20 minutes reflecting on my day, the classes I taught and my training…..just thinking about it made me tired….oy veyy……Well, Heather is off tomorrow and DeWitt is not subbing for her so I’ll be running…..hummm, maybe I’ll swim too……seeing that John wants me to add another swim day….Arrggghh!! Lol..



Ya, see STIR CRAY I AM!! Can ya blame me!?!

Peace, Love & Stir Crazy Y'all!!




Peace,

T






No comments: