Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tri Stories: The Day After

Tri Stories: The Day After


Love



What a great weekend here in Chi-city! The temps have been creepin’ up since Friday, and you can feel the energy of love in the air…….Very nice weekend…...I wish we as people would keep this loving energy around, long after Valentines Day......Oh, how I wish......Instead I'll do my part, and continue to enjoy moments like these.  After my training on Friday I rushed through my blog, I had a full day and evening ahead of me, and bloged from a place of just wanting to get it done…..…I don’t like that feelin’......that feeling  of being rushed, I can‘t focus like that..….so yesterday I decided I was not going to rush through my blog again….instead I’ll share my Saturday training, today………..





Letting go.....
After teaching my Saturday class I head over to get my training on for the day……So, my plan was to do a brick, but once I take a look at the schedule and notice there is a two hour  Ashtanga yoga class, followed by a spin class, with a thirty min break in between the two, I start to think about doing that instead…….I was feeling good well rested, so I decided that’s what I would do. This  ashtanga class was AMAZING!! I remember speaking with the teacher (Mary) just about a month ago, about adding some ashtanga to my practice…..I’m sooo glad I did, this class complements my overall tri training!! The deeper we got into the series the better I felt….I will for sure be at this class on Saturdays whenever possible!! Mary’s teaching style was beautiful, the class consisted of mixed levels and was pretty, full….she was hands on and very clear with verbal adjustments. It’s been a while since I’ve moved through the  ashtanga series, It felt amazing!! I sooo, need this with all my biking and running…….




 
Releasing

I left this class in a wonderful state of fatigue, I mean….I felt strong mentally, physically, and grounded spiritually…..my spin class was to start 30 min later, so I think “go for a 25 min run on the treadmill”……I head up the stairs to the cardio room, I was talking myself into this 25 min run, but my body was not going to have it……I listen t o my body (respect), I knew that I would be running on pure ego, I really don’t want to create any injuries.....That training high I can sometimes fall into is …..so not worth it....  wel,  at least not at the expense of injuring myself. I walk on the treadmill instead for 25 minutes, I should probably say, I crawled…Lol, the belt was moving so slow, I was watching the step down of Egyptian President Mohammed Hosni Mubarak.  Afterwards I head into the spin class, feeling good and ready to ride!! DeWitt, was teaching and there was a nice group of spinners in there……I really like this spin studio, the layout is cool, loft style gym, so when the studio fans are on it’s like a natural breeze, makes you feel like your riding outside….As, per usual DeWitt, class was completely on point, he even tossed in a bit of humor….We had a nice strong sequence, Jumps, climbs and running sprinting, I was riding next to four others, I imagined us riding as a team making it to the top of this STEEP hill……and once up top we all came sprinting down in unity!! I love that in spin classes, when the teacher takes you on a nice ride and you actually began to visualize and feel like your really in that moment….As I exited off the bike I was feeling great….tired but great……I had no time to take a steam bath, as I had an event to attend and wanted to relax at home before heading out……





So my big chocolate and wine nights of indulge, included two glasses of wine on Friday, four pieces of chocolate, and gelato….Saturday I had one glass of wine and a bit of a mango vanilla moose type desert….YUM!! My craving for a glass of wine has been satisfied…..unfortunately, my cravings  for dark chocolate will never be satisfied!! Lol…


Gone

Maybe I’ll try for my brick tomorrow, I don’t want to say for sure, I know John and I are getting in the pool on Friday, and I intend on doing the ashtanga and spin class line up again on Saturday, so I think a brick on Monday would be a nice add in……No matter what I decide…..I will take a nice long a steam bath tomorrow!!!

Peace & Love Y'all....






Peace,

T

No comments: